Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good question, not sure. I needed everything to move quickly for my situation
Thanks for sharing this. 1.99% for 60mo is a pretty good rate.. Don't know how these rates might hold after today's Fed meeting. So, went ahead and applied; got approved for this awesome rate. I still don't know how long Everence will lock these rates; will talk to them in a day or two.

I am still waiting on my tesla and not sure when I might get one, but I earlier got approved with UFCU for 2.99%, 48mo and locked in the rate till mid-Sept. Wasn't aware of Everence before. And, UFCU denied matching rates.

Thanks for sharing this. 1.99% for 60mo is a pretty good rate.. Don't know how these rates might hold after today's Fed meeting. So, went ahead and applied; got approved for this awesome rate. I still don't know how long Everence will lock these rates; will talk to them in a day or two.

I am still waiting on my tesla and not sure when I might get one, but I earlier got approved with UFCU for 2.99%, 48mo and locked in the rate till mid-Sept. Wasn't aware of Everence before. And, UFCU denied matching rates.
You can apply without a VIN?

Yep, kinda. 1.99% is their floor now for any loan. But I believe their standard 72 month rate is 2.49%, so I assume the EV discount would apply and bring it down to 1.99% (I didn’t realize this until after or I probably would’ve done it)
This aligns with what I read in the fine print on their site...

Specifically it says: "green auto" includes electric and hybrid vehicles. Loan discounts will not reduce any rate below our best APR.

So, their best rate right now is 1.99% on up to 60 month loans, meaning the lowest rate you can get is 1.99% regardless of the discount. So if you're at 2.49% on 72 month loan you can get to 1.99% with an EV, and you can also get to 2.49% down from 2.99% on 84 month loan. That's the way I interpret it anyways, could be wrong.

Reactions: myopic_MrB
I went ahead and applied for Everence right now and was approved for 1.99%. We'll see if they need anything else from me. I didn't even have to submit anything about membership. If they can get everything processed then I will probably go with them, but if not I'll refinance with them after I get my delivery taken care of
Did you happen to see an early loan pay off penalty? I can't find any info on their site.

You can apply without a VIN?
Yes.. AFAIK, all CU allow you to apply and get approved for a loan without a VIN. once tesla assigns a VIN, tesla will send an MVPA doc that needs to be shared with your CU so that CU can wire the funds to Tesla. This is how I understand the process is; of course I haven't been through it as still waiting for VIN to be assigned.

After I applied, I got a call from one of their loan officers, and she mentioned that my rate (1.99% 60mo) is locked for 90 days. I havent read through the loan docs yet; will do to confirm my understanding.

90 days will be nice with the rising interest rates, and rhe unpredictable delivery dates from tesla.
Oh 90 days would be amazing. I'm not sure why the rep told me 30 days over the phone.