Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this CU still the best deal? Should i apply now if my edd is 9/5-10/3
I applied to Nusenda this morning. I didn't receive an immediate approval and didn't receive confirmation on the rate. Rather, it said that a loan officer will contact me within 3 business days. I should know more about overall timing from them in the near future.

M3RWD / Black / Black / Aero / No FSD / OD: 4/15/2022/ EDD: 8/27/2022-9/10/2022

I applied to Nusenda this morning. I didn't receive an immediate approval and didn't receive confirmation on the rate. Rather, it said that a loan officer will contact me within 3 business days. I should know more about overall timing from them in the near future.

Apologies I’m on mobile so I don’t see signatures, but do you live in New Mexico? Trying to see if I can donate to a third party organization that will grant membership with this CU, but heard this approach only works if you live in NM. Wouldn’t work for me if this is the case since I live in CA. Are there other ways of joining?

Is this CU still the best deal? Should i apply now if my edd is 9/5-10/3
I applied on the morning of August 16th. Received call from loan officer on the morning of August 17th. Received approval at 2.8% on the afternoon of August 17th. I will receive an additional 0.25% fuel efficient vehicle discount once I can provide Nusenda with my VIN.

Tl;dr - can get 2.55% from Nusenda. I can't remember how long he said the rate is good for, but I believe it was more than 30 days. Nusenda has been great to work with so far. I'm still going through the process of submitting documents, joining the credit union, etc.

Apologies I’m on mobile so I don’t see signatures, but do you live in New Mexico? Trying to see if I can donate to a third party organization that will grant membership with this CU, but heard this approach only works if you live in NM. Wouldn’t work for me if this is the case since I live in CA. Are there other ways of joining?
I'm in Illinois. I was told that you can make a donation to an organization to join, even if you are out of state.

Reactions: TinkyWinks
Is the process to finance via a credit union more lengthy? i'm awaiting delivery for MYP in September. Have got my financing squared away. I know I'm a bit early if the date pushes - but wanted to lock in the rate 3.4% for 84 months which is good for 30 days.
Anyways I'm using FSCU.com and they have said that they need the following from Tesla :
FROM TESLA:

MVPA – PURCHASE ORDER
COPY OF MSO – BACK AND FRONT OF TITLE
COPY OF APPLICATION FOR TEXAS TITLE
LETTER OF GUARANTEE – (I WILL PROVIDE ONCE WE HAVE THE VIN) and you can provide to Tesla so they can copy our template onto Tesla’s Letterhead
NAME AND PHONE NUMBER OF TESLA ADVISOR

I'm wondering if I should (when the time is right) send this list to the number from which I get texts from at Tesla? I'm guessing that this is the normal process and that the Tesla team do this type of stuff all day long and that it wouldn't cause any confusion or delays.

So is the general consensus nusenda and Adelfi have the best rates at the moment? Nusenda seems to have a requirement to donate to local organization and adelfi has requirement to believe in Jesus and be a current church member? My local credit union BCU is giving 3.39%

Were you successful in joining Nusenda as an out of state resident? I was just told They no longer allow out of state applications
Yes. I was informed that they may not allow you to join if you simply try to join the credit union without applying for a loan. Rather, it is better to apply for a loan first, and then join the credit union once you have been approved for a loan. The problem in doing so is that the you get a hard pull on credit without having 100% certainty you will be approved at your desired rate.

Also, looks like Nusenda updated their rates yesterday to 3.05%.

So is the general consensus nusenda and Adelfi have the best rates at the moment? Nusenda seems to have a requirement to donate to local organization and adelfi has requirement to believe in Jesus and be a current church member? My local credit union BCU is giving 3.39%
Nusenda is up to 3.05% as of August 22. Can join by donating $10 to local organization. I looked into Adelfi but did not ultimately apply.

Nusenda is up to 3.05% as of August 22. Can join by donating $10 to local organization. I looked into Adelfi but did not ultimately apply.

I went ahead and opened a nusenda membership which I got a hard pull from just opening a savings account… then applied for the loan and got 3.5% for 72 months and then .25% discount for EV to bring it to 3.25. Sad that the rates just jumped yesterday but overall process was fine.

I went ahead and opened a nusenda membership which I got a hard pull from just opening a savings account… then applied for the loan and got 3.5% for 72 months and then .25% discount for EV to bring it to 3.25. Sad that the rates just jumped yesterday but overall process was fine.
Yes, but that is still one of the better rates that I am seeing. Nusenda has been great to deal with in my experience so far.

It may be worth asking your loan officer if they can honor the rate as of the time that you opened the membership - its probably a long shot but maybe they will honor the earlier rate.

I applied to join Coastal Carolina when their rates were low but just received a 1990 packet of papers to fill out after jumping through hoops to join. Then their rates went up also. Lol

I’m a member of adelfi so May use them or Nusenda now. Would really prefer not to finance for 84 months.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
I applied to join Coastal Carolina when their rates were low but just received a 1990 packet of papers to fill out after jumping through hoops to join. Then their rates went up also. Lol

I’m a member of adelfi so May use them or Nusenda now. Would really prefer not to finance for 84 months.
Yeah this is one of the reasons I’m avoiding CCCU… I have the credit score to get their best rate just don’t want to deal with the hassle and I’ve heard this from a number of people now.