Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So glad I went with Adelfi. I got preapproved at 3.85% for 60 months last week and submitted all my documents. No need for all the power of attorney bull**** and runaround that Tower gives you. Just waiting on the final loan docs to docusign, which should arrive tomorrow.

Had I waited on the Tower application (as long as they take), I would have been screwed.
Adelfi is the best! I applied for my auto loan yesterday (2/8) at 4.25% and it will be funded tomorrow (2/10) as my pick-up is this Sunday. I waited for Tower CU for more than 2 weeks and my membership/loan is not yet approved.

Glad I wasted time and a $35 dollar donation applying for membership. Not interested at the current interest rates.
I am now a member but won't be using them for the auto loan unfortunately. didn't really waste time as I simply applied online and uploaded some quick needed docs. As for the $35...it's a donation and goes to a good cause. my glass is half full. =)

I have applied with Tower FCU, got membership and loan approved but the loan approval is expiring in a week, no VIN has been assigned yet! I am thinking to ask them to extend the approval, not sure if they will honor or not!

Has anybody tried Gold Coast FCU yet? Their rates are in a range, not sure what rate do we really end up getting at the end! Thinking of going with them if Tower FCU doesn't honor the extension.

I have applied with Tower FCU, got membership and loan approved but the loan approval is expiring in a week, no VIN has been assigned yet! I am thinking to ask them to extend the approval, not sure if they will honor or not!

Has anybody tried Gold Coast FCU yet? Their rates are in a range, not sure what rate do we really end up getting at the end! Thinking of going with them if Tower FCU doesn't honor the extension.
GCFCU is even worse than Tower in terms of getting back to you and length of time it takes to get things done. Its almost just better taking the tesla rate and refinancing down the road. With the feds constantly increasing their %, its getting harder and harder to find rates <5%.

Reactions: rrr_land
May have to pledge myself to Jesus and apply with Adelfi.

For simplicity sake I’ll probably use Tesla then try and refinance it.
Im right there with you, but i still have over a month before my EDD March 19-31st. With several folks having theirs pushed out, i'm just waiting till at at least mid February before applying. I wonder if Adelfi allows for an extension past 30 days?

Can someone please share experience with Parsons? I believe they are offering 4%
Parsons merged with Skyla credit union. When you try to apply, it forwards you over to Skyla's Credit union's website. On Skyla's website, it shows their lowest is 4.5% for 48months and 5.25% for up to 60.

Tower is gonna make me pull my hair out.
1/26- Applied for loan and membership
1/31- Pre-approved for auto loan, membership stayed pending
2/8- Got notice "The address for your beneficiary was not provided. Please provide the address for your beneficiary so they can be added to your account application." Provided address of my spouse 5 minutes after notice.
2/9- Called to get status to see if anything else is needed of me. After over an hour on the phone was told that they need the test deposit amounts they sent to my bank to fund the account. I told them I never received noticed of this and after checking my account, see no test deposits. Was told to try calling the next day as the department that handles this is out for the day.
2/10- After another over an hour wait, spoke to someone that looked at my account and said they will process my info and to lookout for a message on portal in 5 minutes. Received a message stating they need a copy of a utility bill or equal to show address is current.
Unbelievable. If they knew that was gonna be needed why not say that on the first notification of address!

No VIN yet. EDD 2/12-2/26
Have a blank check from my credit union in hand as backup in case the whole things goes to *sugar*.

2/8- Got notice "The address for your beneficiary was not provided. Please provide the address for your beneficiary so they can be added to your account application." Provided address of my spouse 5 minutes after notice.
I could have written this verbatim

2/9- Called to get status to see if anything else is needed of me. After over an hour on the phone was told that they need the test deposit amounts they sent to my bank to fund the account. I told them I never received noticed of this and after checking my account, see no test deposits. Was told to try calling the next day as the department that handles this is out for the day.
2/10- After another over an hour wait, spoke to someone that looked at my account and said they will process my info and to lookout for a message on portal in 5 minutes. Received a message stating they need a copy of a utility bill or equal to show address is current.
Unbelievable. If they knew that was gonna be needed why not say that on the first notification of address!

No VIN yet. EDD 2/12-2/26
Have a blank check from my credit union in hand as backup in case the whole things goes to *sugar*.
Sorry to hear that. Anyway, why bother adding your wife as beneficiary for a $5 membership account? Simplify things with you as sole owner. Also, most of us on this thread know to send them lots of ID. DL front and back, passport, bunch of utility bills and some even SS card.