Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the VIN on 2/7 and now the DD is 2/22.

I just looked at the vehicle agreement and it doesn’t have the VIN on it, but instead has the order number on it. Don’t I need the order agreement with VIN on it, to submit to Tower?
in order to get the Purchase Agreement, you need to specify who you are financing with. doing so, will generate that doc which you can then submit to your bank/credit union.

On February 7, I received the following email from Tower.
We have conditionally approved your request for a Vehicle Loan for $XXX with the interest rate of 2.240% based on information you provided regarding income, and the credit information we obtained with your permission.
Then, I applied for the membership with $35 donation. I have not heard anything. Am I still getting 2.2%? I heard that Tower dramatically increased the rate a few days ago.
My delivery date for Model Y LR is February 20. I have 5.34% Tesla Loan with Wells Fargo though.

Just got off the phone with tower. Manager called me to tell me everything is done and I just need to e-sign and they’ll send check to Tesla.

For those still with tower, it’s annoying but you will have to keep calling and bugging them, especially once you get vin. Submit all your paperwork via portal and call your loan processor (which will probably not answer) then speak to the manager to ensure it’s being handled.

On February 7, I received the following email from Tower.
We have conditionally approved your request for a Vehicle Loan for $XXX with the interest rate of 2.240% based on information you provided regarding income, and the credit information we obtained with your permission.
Then, I applied for the membership with $35 donation. I have not heard anything. Am I still getting 2.2%? I heard that Tower dramatically increased the rate a few days ago.
My delivery date for Model Y LR is February 20. I have 5.34% Tesla Loan with Wells Fargo though.
You’re locked on that approved rate, don’t worry. Why did you apply membership so late? Should’ve done that long ago, that takes longer than the loan approval.

Just got off the phone with tower. Manager called me to tell me everything is done and I just need to e-sign and they’ll send check to Tesla.

For those still with tower, it’s annoying but you will have to keep calling and bugging them, especially once you get vin. Submit all your paperwork via portal and call your loan processor (which will probably not answer) then speak to the manager to ensure it’s being handled.
when did you uploaded POA/MVPA? How many days has it been until now that you got the e-sign? Are you going to FedEx them the original POA also even after uploading it?

when did you uploaded POA/MVPA? How many days has it been until now that you got the e-sign? Are you going to FedEx them the original POA also even after uploading it?
I believe I got it like last tues/wed.
Got poa notorized and just snapped a pic and uploaded on their portal.

I knew delivery was imminent, so I had to keep bugging them. I didn’t want them to not approve a form or something I had and push it back that would delay the process. Like I said, sounds like the loan processors are bombarded. Submit ALL your docs, then call and ask to speak to your loan officer. They don’t get back to you really soon, reach out to the manager and reiterate how time is of the essence.

Reactions: onvacayfaraway
Talked to ARMCO CU and doesn't look like they'll be able to wire by noon tomorrow for my pickup. they said most likely tomorrow afternoon. I went ahead and rescheduled my appointment to Friday. Took Tesla a bit of time to respond but pickup date was changed without any issues.

Suggestions. Worse case, do Tesla finance for sake of time and then tell Tower to switch your app to refi.

Otherwise, you can submit new app with ArmCo Credit Union 3.20% 60mth or Adelfi 4.25% 60mth. I heard they can process in 3 days
I applied with ArmCo last night and was approved today for 1.99% at 36 months. The documentation isn’t onerous at all it seems.

I remember putting in my credit card info online. And after approval, I got a message to call them and give the 3 digit code.
Yes I used credit card to fund the $5 min for checking account and $1 membership feee. Just got a message asking if I want to use the same card to to donate to become a member to BC3.

Do you know if they have a minimum deductible amount for auto insurance on their loans?