Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Tower still hasn’t processed loan despite uploading everything on Tuesday and leaving several confirmed messages saying they will forward the information to the loan processor. Complaint filed. Going with Tesla loan. Will try Gold Coast.

I just applied online for both a membership and an auto loan on ARMCO in which both are obviously pending. I figured I have some time being that my EDD is closer to middle-end of March. However, it sounds like being proactive calling them might be the only way to get approved now?

Do you pay the $19.95 donation once you get approved for the membership? It didn't ask to pay the donation as part of the membership application process.

I just applied online for both a membership and an auto loan on ARMCO in which both are obviously pending. I figured I have some time being that my EDD is closer to middle-end of March. However, it sounds like being proactive calling them might be the only way to get approved now?

Do you pay the $19.95 donation once you get approved for the membership? It didn't ask to pay the donation as part of the membership application process.
No need to keep calling. They’ll eventually get to it. They won’t give u the loan officer’s direct contact. For the donation, they’ll get that once your membership is approved.
Did you have to call them? I got refinance loan approved Wednesday but still waiting for membership to be approved
I did call a few times but don’t think it helped. They are just busy since everyone started applying for their loan (like Tower). I did call them today when I was at the Tesla service center to pick up my car as Tesla did not show they received the wire but Armco sent a screenshot showing they sent it an hour earlier so all was good…I believe it just took a little time for it to be seen it in their system.

No need to keep calling. They’ll eventually get to it. They won’t give u the loan officer’s direct contact. For the donation, they’ll get that once your membership is approved.

I did call a few times but don’t think it helped. They are just busy since everyone started applying for their loan (like Tower). I did call them today when I was at the Tesla service center to pick up my car as Tesla did not show they received the wire but Armco sent a screenshot showing they sent it an hour earlier so all was good…I believe it just took a little time for it to be seen it in their system.
Thanks for the feedback!

I am conditionally approved through tower at a decent rate.

Also approved and arranged currently through Tesla/Wells Fargo for a not so good rate.

Tower membership app from 2/1 that was showing referred, now shows more info needed- with no contact from Tower.

I have a vin and a EDD of 2/28-3/7.

Wonder if it’s worth driving an hour each way in the am to a local tower branch to see if I can push it along?

Also approved and arranged currently through Tesla/Wells Fargo for a not so good rate.

Tower membership app from 2/1 that was showing referred, now shows more info needed- with no contact from Tower.

Wonder if it’s worth driving an hour each way in the am to a local tower branch to see if I can push it along?
Don’t think they’re open on Saturdays.

Did you upload front and back driver license, passport, social security card, and one utility bill?

Last edited:

Log into your account you may have a message to contact them. I got this and called, they needed my CC info. This was Thursday at 430pm. I then DocuSigned for them and got the email today at noon my membership was official.

Reactions: Tapakegovagnap
Log into your account you may have a message to contact them. I got this and called, they needed my CC info. This was Thursday at 430pm. I then DocuSigned for them and got the email today at noon my membership was official.
I have been checking my account routinely.

There are no messages, I think I’ll just go to the closest branch tomorrow with as much as I can and see if that gets me anywhere.

I have sent a few messages through the loan app with no response. Just sitting there approved pending.

Reactions: BijaliWala
I have been checking my account routinely.

There are no messages, I think I’ll just go to the closest branch tomorrow with as much as I can and see if that gets me anywhere.

I have sent a few messages through the loan app with no response. Just sitting there approved pending.
It took exactly 10 days for my membership to be done. I applied 2 days after loan application. Loan was approved in 1 or 2 days.

Armco has gotten hit so hard with loan applications they’re 3-4 weeks out on approvals now.
My opinion is, a lot of that is probably due to this very thread. Its also my opinion that this thread basically caused tower credit union to get overwhelmed, and probably finally raise their rates because they got hit with so many applications that they were not expecting.

It took exactly 10 days for my membership to be done. I applied 2 days after loan application. Loan was approved in 1 or 2 days.
Loan was conditionally approved quickly, then I applied for membership a day later. that has dragged. I called once and they said I should hear something earlier this week. I check the other day and it said more info needed. no acct messages or other contact......

Loan was conditionally approved quickly, then I applied for membership a day later. that has dragged. I called once and they said I should hear something earlier this week. I check the other day and it said more info needed. no acct messages or other contact......
1676689368338.png

Howdy! New to the forum. Does anyone know how long we can lock in the rate from Armco? I got an instant approval 2 days ago for 3.2%/60 months, but my new car won’t be delivered to the dealer’s lot until 03/20. I have been getting inconsistent answers from Armco reps. One said I can lock in the rate up to 30 days. Another said it will be good until end of March. The third rep said it will be end of April.

In addition, is that true that Armco will not send the check to the dealer until the day I sign all the paperwork with the dealer to release the car, or Armco will send the check in advance after I submit the sales agreement to them but before I pick up my car?