Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yep exactly. Tesla gave me no time between VIN assignment and delivery

yeah. i pretty much only had 2 full days to apply for finance and have it wired to tesla before delivery date.

vin was assigned late saturday afternoon.

only delivery days available were mon-thurs of the same week.

sunday..banks were closed and monday was president's day.

applied tuesday. got approved.
wednesday, funding was wired to tesla.
thursday, picked up car.

glad my local cu wasn't flooded or i'm sure i would've been stressing.

I am having hard time getting in touch with Tower. I tried call and left voice mail and message then via the secure mail portal. No responds. Any idea what I can try? Picking up this Friday.

Good luck. I had the chase around for over 30 days. Takes 10-14 days for them to respond to the app. Calling isn't any better. Ended up having to use dealer financing (I purchased a gently used MY). Just found a credit union 20 min away from my house that re-fi'd me at 3.99 for 72mo all in a simply 15 min call.

I am out the $35 donation to "tower foundation" plus the $5 they made me deposit even though I never received an account from them.

Reactions: StoXto3toY
I am having hard time getting in touch with Tower. I tried call and left voice mail and message then via the secure mail portal. No responds. Any idea what I can try? Picking up this Friday.

Just use Tesla finance and refinance later. That’s what I did, from application to final check from tower to Wells Fargo auto was close to 6 weeks. This included calling them daily asking “what’s next” sometimes being hung up on..voicemails that are full and customer service reps who ping pong you to find a loan officer(out of 2, both are unreachable). In the end I got lucky with a customer rep who heard sense of despair and lost hope and she patched me though the loan supervisor who completed the work in a day. Best of luck..we r in the 80’s with tower

I have bit of a unique situation. I took delivery with Tesla financing in Wisconsin, however since Wisconsin doesn't allow Tesla to deliver cars without a dealership, I had to take delivery in Illinois and they gave me an Illinois temp permit good for 90 days. Tesla told me they'll UPS me some documents that I then take to the WI DMV to register and title the car.

I started the refinance process with Armco and my application is approved. They're asking me for my current vehicle registration which doesn't exist yet (other than the temp Illinois permit that Tesla gave me). Does this mean I need to wait until I get the docs from Tesla, register the car with WI, and then I can refi with Armco or will they be able to do the refi before I register the car and then I'd just put them as the lienholder once I get the documents from Tesla in the mail?

Thanks!

I have bit of a unique situation. I took delivery with Tesla financing in Wisconsin, however since Wisconsin doesn't allow Tesla to deliver cars without a dealership, I had to take delivery in Illinois and they gave me an Illinois temp permit good for 90 days. Tesla told me they'll UPS me some documents that I then take to the WI DMV to register and title the car.

I started the refinance process with Armco and my application is approved. They're asking me for my current vehicle registration which doesn't exist yet (other than the temp Illinois permit that Tesla gave me). Does this mean I need to wait until I get the docs from Tesla, register the car with WI, and then I can refi with Armco or will they be able to do the refi before I register the car and then I'd just put them as the lienholder once I get the documents from Tesla in the mail?

Thanks!
You have to wait until all docs are final. Armco will not process your refinance with temporary docs.

Reactions: fredzos