Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: aiorbroke
Check out Stanford Federal Credit Union. They may not have the lowest rates, but they make buying a Tesla so easy. Tesla doesn’t require payment from them prior to taking delivery. Once approved, they send an email to Tesla financing saying you’re approved and you can pick up your car. Once you take delivery they receive the paperwork and pay Tesla afterwards. No worrying about getting a check, or proof of a check prior to delivery.
I ordered an inventory Model 3 at 9pm on a Wednesday night, received the approval email from them Thursday morning and picked up the Model 3 Thursday afternoon.

Looking closer at Fedchoice, it looks like you have to be a federal employee, or relative of one. Is there any way around this?
They were really easy to work with...$25 to open a savings account with donation. The process took about 2-3 days total to become a member and complete the savings account opening. The same day I got a message from them saying apply for an auto loan and get a 1% discount when applying within 90 days. I applied online, instant approval at 3.99 for my new Tesla, which is the floor limit. They did ask for a bunch of paperwork to become a member such as drivers license copies, multiple proofs of address such as bank or credit card statements. I got the MVPA from Tesla on my new model y performance and sent this over to them with a copy of the title paperwork showing they will be the lienholder. They sent doc u sign with all the loan documents I signed and they wired the money to Tesla. It was really easy! It does take a day or two after initial approval and you send over what they need to create the doc u sign and wire so plan in advance, figure a week before pick up. Mine is paid off and I will not be picking it up for about a week as I heard this can take about2 weeks with them and they got it done really fast! They were very friendly when you call as well!

Reactions: amoney805
They were really easy to work with...$25 to open a savings account with donation. The process took about 2-3 days total to become a member and complete the savings account opening. The same day I got a message from them saying apply for an auto loan and get a 1% discount when applying within 90 days. I applied online, instant approval at 3.99 for my new Tesla, which is the floor limit. They did ask for a bunch of paperwork to become a member such as drivers license copies, multiple proofs of address such as bank or credit card statements. I got the MVPA from Tesla on my new model y performance and sent this over to them with a copy of the title paperwork showing they will be the lienholder. They sent doc u sign with all the loan documents I signed and they wired the money to Tesla. It was really easy! It does take a day or two after initial approval and you send over what they need to create the doc u sign and wire so plan in advance, figure a week before pick up. Mine is paid off and I will not be picking it up for about a week as I heard this can take about2 weeks with them and they got it done really fast! They were very friendly when you call as well!
I’m still waiting on my MVPA. Somehow you leapfrogged me in this process. Glad the rest went smooth for you.

Still surprised how much lower they are than everybody else. The difference in their rate and the default Tesla rate was about 4K in interest on my configuration over 4 years.

I’m still waiting on my MVPA. Somehow you leapfrogged me in this process. Glad the rest went smooth for you.

Still surprised how much lower they are than everybody else. The difference in their rate and the default Tesla rate was about 4K in interest on my configuration over 4 years.
I sent a message on the Tesla app and the dealer I am picking it up from called me. They were very friendly (Matthews NC) and she emailed me all the information I needed to complete the loan. Yes, I was really happy with the rate with what's going on in the credit world. I am surprised Tesla isn't working with some banks or credit unions to offer lower rates? Either way I am grateful to this forum as I only found out about them on here or I probably would have used Tesla financing as I did with the first one, which I had 2.49...those were the days! LOL

Have a MYP delivery date for this Saturday also in Matthews, NC! Question regarding FedChoice FCU - they're asking for a title application which Tesla promptly sent over. Do I need to get the bottom notarized or can I ask Tesla to do that?