Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Predation, I see no one is getting back to you here, but did you end up funding your loan with Fedchoice, and if yes, can you share your experience? I assume you received a pre-approval, then final approval? Did you get funds to Tesla in time for your delivery appointment? TIA
I just picked up my car today.

I applied for the loan a few weeks ago. It was an instant approval for 75k at 3.99 at 60 months (that’s what I asked for, I imagine I would have been approved fine for more money and a longer term). I wasn’t asked for proof of income or anything like that. But I imagine ymmv based on your credit history, stated income, etc. The rate is locked at that point and good for 60 days. When I got my vin, I uploaded the MVPA. They were able to get everything ready from there. From that point I just waited for the Friday before to tell them to go ahead and send me the final paperwork and wire the funds to Tesla. Everything was electronically signed via DocuSign. They asked me to choose my preferred first payment date (can be upto 90 days from when the funds are dispersed, though it will collect interest in that time) and that was that.

I probably could have gotten away with having the funds wired the same day and avoided a couple days of interest, but I didn’t want to risk any issues.

I applied for the loan a few weeks ago. It was an instant approval for 75k at 3.99 at 60 months (that’s what I asked for, I imagine I would have been approved fine for more money and a longer term). I wasn’t asked for proof of income or anything like that. But I imagine ymmv based on your credit history, stated income, etc. The rate is locked at that point and good for 60 days. When I got my vin, I uploaded the MVPA. They were able to get everything ready from there. From that point I just waited for the Friday before to tell them to go ahead and send me the final paperwork and wire the funds to Tesla. Everything was electronically signed via DocuSign. They asked me to choose my preferred first payment date (can be upto 90 days from when the funds are dispersed, though it will collect interest in that time) and that was that.

I probably could have gotten away with having the funds wired the same day and avoided a couple days of interest, but I didn’t want to risk any issues.
Great terranx, thanks for the quick reply.

I ordered a Y from Inventory and did not expect such a quick delivery date from Tesla, Now I am approved (instant) today for a Friday pick up. Fingers crossed.

Predation, I see no one is getting back to you here, but did you end up funding your loan with Fedchoice, and if yes, can you share your experience? I assume you received a pre-approval, then final approval? Did you get funds to Tesla in time for your delivery appointment? TIA
I did. Ended up with 4.89 on a 72 month. Everything took like 2 days. But then again I had all the documents ready to go. Pretty straight forward. You apply, an underwriter gets assigned to you, review and they wire off money. Everything was done without talking to anyone. Just thriugh their messaging system.

Reactions: RunCoordinator
I did. Ended up with 4.89 on a 72 month. Everything took like 2 days. But then again I had all the documents ready to go. Pretty straight forward. You apply, an underwriter gets assigned to you, review and they wire off money. Everything was done without talking to anyone. Just thriugh their messaging system.
What did they want for down-payment or was that up to you?

When did you place the reservation? I placed an order from the inventory just like you did on November 16 and I am still waiting to get match with a vehicle. The est. delivery originally was Nov. 28- Dec. 12 but now it's showing Nov. 29 - Dec. 13.
Ordered on 11/24. Received a delivery window invite on 25th for a window of 11/28-12/01. I'm in Sac.

Not that you asked, but to remain on topic, I applied for membership with Fedchoice on the 25th, funds wired on 11/29. They were awesome.

Didn't they discount the price of the Ys since the 16th?

Last edited:
Ordered on 11/24. Received a delivery window invite on 25th for a window of 11/28-12/01. I'm in Sac.

Not that you asked, but to remain on topic, I applied for membership with Fedchoice on the 25th, funds wired on 11/29. They were awesome.

Didn't they discount the price of the Ys since the 16th?
I'm happy that you're getting your RWD MY this coming Friday. It's just crazy how this all played out because I placed mine ahead of you and I'm still waiting to get match with a vehicle. All I'm looking for is the basic configuration midnight silver metallic which is the cheapest trim of the 2023 MY RWD.

I know most people that have gotten delivery recently bought their RWD MY. I wonder if that's a factor and Tesla is prioritizing purchase deals vs. lease which is what I am doing 🤔

I'm happy that you're getting your RWD MY this coming Friday. It's just crazy how this all played out because I placed mine ahead of you and I'm still waiting to get match with a vehicle. All I'm looking for is the basic configuration midnight silver metallic which is the cheapest trim of the 2023 MY RWD.

I know most people that have gotten delivery recently bought their RWD MY. I wonder if that's a factor and Tesla is prioritizing purchase deals vs. lease which is what I am doing 🤔
By the way, I am in the Bay Area which is even closer to the Fremont factory.

Wow how are you guys getting such low rates even though on their website they don't have anything lower than 5.24%?

And to become their member did you just have to donate and open checking account?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 11.11.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 11.11.26 PM.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 53
Wow how are you guys getting such low rates even though on their website they don't have anything lower than 5.24%?

And to become their member did you just have to donate and open checking account?
When I applied for the loan they were advertising 4.49. They offer a 1% discount for people applying for loans within the first 90 days of membership. However they also have a rate floor policy and a discounted rate can't go below that. At the time that was 3.99. Not sure what it is now.

I stated I was a family member of a federal employee (which is true), but they asked for zero verification of that.