Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creeking suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a canonical resource for resolving suspension creeking?

I had both front and rear suspension work done in 2023 under warranty. My car is no longer under the basic limited warranty and is creeking really badly at this time.

It creeks when turning the wheel and when driving on uneven surfaces. I've seen YouTube videos of people spraying WD-40 on suspension parts and claiming that resolved their issues. My experience is that WD-40 is largely a solvent and won't last, so I'd use something more long term

My concern is that there could be something unsafe happening (e.g. bolts back out, ball joints failing, etc).

Does anyone have any recommendations for troubleshooting. I'm no mechanic, but am mechanically inclined and comfortable DIYing.

Just want to add that it took almost 3 years to start creeking the first time, but since they've done replacements not long ago it's already creeking again, and worse than before.

Here's the invoice screenshot from October 2023:
1000001373.png

And here's the one from July 2023:
1000001375.png

I slipped a syringe in the ball joint boot and injected a good amount of grease. Upon driving, it immediately seemed quieter, but driving throughout the day it's still pretty squeaky.

It might be that the squeaking from turning the wheel is gone, but other squeaking from uneven roads is still there. I'll pay more attention and report back (to myself, LOL).

Below are the materials I used. The grease was from AutoZone and cost less than $4. The syringes were from AMZ for $13. The video is something like how I did it.
1707672834034.png

1707672870855.png