Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control, auto headlights, autopilot not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing appears on the driver screen to give the option to engage
Been a problem for a few days
Have rebooted both driver & main screens - does nothing
Any suggestions? Do I simply have to wait for the next software update?
I believe I've read that this is caused by having Sentry Mode automatically turned on everywhere. IOW, if you turn sentry mode off at home overnight, your functionality might be back in the morning, and if you set it so that it's always off at home, you might not have to remember this next time. Doesn't make much sense, but I think multiple people confirmed that this worked. Might have been a reddit thread. If this does work, I should think that at least one of the reset procedures should also work, but I couldn't guess as to which one(s).

I believe I've read that this is caused by having Sentry Mode automatically turned on everywhere. IOW, if you turn sentry mode off at home overnight, your functionality might be back in the morning, and if you set it so that it's always off at home, you might not have to remember this next time. Doesn't make much sense, but I think multiple people confirmed that this worked. Might have been a reddit thread. If this does work, I should think that at least one of the reset procedures should also work, but I couldn't guess as to which one(s).
I just switched off Sentry Mode. I like having it on everywhere because it keeps the backup batteries for my Blackvue dashcams charged.

Thanks. I ended up turning off Sentry Mode last night & then turning it back on the next morning.
All the ‘auto’ functions work again