Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb rash!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All. Ordered my MYLR in October and as much as I liked the 20 inch induction wheels I couldn’t bear the thought of all the curb rash, so went for the 19s. I live in London and parking next to curbs is inevitable plus I’m not the only driver of the vehicle. I currently have 21s on my Range Rover and the damage is heartbreaking and impossible to keep up with on repair without a money tree in the garden.

Just wondering if anyone else has chosen 19s over 20s for this reason alone?
I got 3 year alloy wheel insurance for £200.

Interesting, do you mind if I ask what the claim limit and/or excess on that is like?
It's 4 claims a year (12 over three years).

Different options on excess are available.

Mine is £25 per wheel but with no claim limit for curb rash (i.e. limit exceeds the typical cost of curb rash).

You can just Google alloy wheel insurance.

Now my wife can parallel park all she wants ;-).

It's 4 claims a year (12 over three years).

Different options on excess are available.

Mine is £25 per wheel but with no claim limit for curb rash (i.e. limit exceeds the typical cost of curb rash).

You can just Google alloy wheel insurance.

Now my wife can parallel park all she wants ;-).
Thanks, and a much more polite answer than ‘no you can’t ask, sod off!’ 😂

Will get round to Googling but good to have a starting point for comparison purposes!

I’m interested in this too. Any further recommendations appreciated

I went with the above company. I think there's also nil excess for cars under 2 years (I have a 2018 Model S) so didn't qualify. All roughly around £200 for three years and allows you 4 repairs a year so it's a bargain.

Reactions: UrbanSplash