Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curious; used inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just be careful with Tesla used inventory in general. I purchased a used 2015 P90D that was listed as “certified clean” and having passed the inspection with no sign of damage. It turns out in my case there were multiple panels resprayed and one with a very slightly incorrect undertone (bad paint match), as well as what we’re thought to be wax marks but were actually scratches in a panel gap in addition to some damage to the underside of one of the lamp covers that is not as easy to detect without passing your fingers underneath the cover edge. These items should have been caught in their professional inspection (my detailer picked them out at a distance within seconds), but weren’t (or were but the vehicle wasn’t marked as previously repaired, as it should have been). If you aren’t an expert at looking at body work, I’d be very cautious in dealing with used vehicles from Tesla, unfortunately.

i would be careful buying used from Tesla. Was going to do that myself and heard a lot of horror stories. End up buying a 2018 75D from a local third party dealership where I can test drive and inspect myself. Price was a lot cheaper than Tesla, and it only has 9k miles on it so still under warranty for another 3 years. A lot of these third party dealership doesn't even know how to price them and knows very little about the car. I ended up getting some money back after signing the sales doc a day later since I found out at home some of the stuff they advertised isn't true. I truly believe they weren't trying to cheat me, since they advertised the same thing on multiple vehicles. it's just they really don't know anything about the car and this can actually be your advantage if you done your research ahead of time.