Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom 21" Arachnid wheels -- your choice of color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the next question is, @Hank @Morrison with 10 referrals do you think they will not give out the other prizes inclusive of the trip to the next unveiling? Meaning I was under the impression I would receive the jacket, bag, wheel package and the trip?

I did the exact same thing 10+ years ago when I won a AMEX contest for two business class air tickets to Europe. I documented at the time how much those flights were and only paid tax on the adjusted amount. It really works in our favor that Tesla isn't offering these wheels for sale, so the FMV really can be much less than the MSRP.

Then interestingly enough, wondering why I did not receive tickets to the giga factory when I hit 5 referrals during last referral period?

It's a problem many people have. You may have received 5 referrals, but if any of them cancelled or didn't take delivery within the time frame, you didn't actually get credit for them. If you got the questionnaire for the jacket and the weekend bag, but it didn't ask you about your wheel choice (color, location) then there's a good chance you didn't actually get 5 deliveries from your 5 referrals. I also got 5 referrals, and the online questionnaire was for all three prizes, and I got an email about the GF invite party. If you didn't get that either, it's possible you only had three referrals take delivery. That's between you and Tesla to work out.

It's a problem many people have. You may have received 5 referrals, but if any of them cancelled or didn't take delivery within the time frame, you didn't actually get credit for them. If you got the questionnaire for the jacket and the weekend bag, but it didn't ask you about your wheel choice (color, location) then there's a good chance you didn't actually get 5 deliveries from your 5 referrals. I also got 5 referrals, and the online questionnaire was for all three prizes, and I got an email about the GF invite party. If you didn't get that either, it's possible you only had three referrals take delivery. That's between you and Tesla to work out.

So in my case I know all 5 people and they all took delivery with the last one being earlier this month. Makes sense that deliveries were not taken by the time the giga factory tour went down. I did however get the survey and it did ask me about the wheel color choices, funny thing is at the time of the survey only 4 referrals had taken delivery. As mentioned the 5th and final took delivery a few weeks back. Yet still had the choice for wheel colors but no giga factory invite.

Appreciate the info Hank. I will certainly be knocking on Teslas door for answers, but problem is no one seems to know the right door to knock on...

The market value is 7600.00 think we can all agree to that, so off market would be roughly 75% of that. So 5500.00 or under is a great deal, anything more than that is a fair deal.

Now comes in the taxable value of these wheels, which winner will be liable for. For me personally I know I will be hit between 3200-3300, meaning if I sell them for 5200-5300 I walk away with 2k, so its keep the wheels or make 2k. With my first baby on the way I am opting to sell them. I believe if you have a 60, these wheels will likely help your range as they are lighter than even the 19" standards. So perhaps a few miles realized gain nothing more than 5 miles IMO.

$5500 is way too high. No one except a n00b goes and buys these things direct from Tesla.

I've bought two sets of 21" Turbines, new with tires+tmps, that were pull-offs with 50 miles or less on the set. Max I paid for either set was $3200 shipped.

Just b/c $7600 is "list" price doesn't mean it is remotely close to the market price.

For $5500, I would consider tossing in some extra cash and get something truly groundbreaking like the carbon fiber rims.

Reactions: Cowby
Received another confirmation email from Tesla today for the previous award program ... 3 weeks to go! :cool:

upload_2016-10-7_21-13-13.png

Yes! Received my email as well...
Hmmm... No email here yet. I'm feeling a little bit left out! Actually, I'm feeling a little nervous that there's a problem. I got the survey email a while back where you pick the bag color, jacket size and wheel color, but I didn't submit it because I had questions. After many attempts to contact the referral program administrators who never replied, I checked the survey again and it was marked as "already submitted". So... yeah. Not sure what happens next.