Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer Service Rant - (Sorry...)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have the same issue with my drivers seat. tesla refuses to fix it, says the seat having play and rocking back and forth is normal..............

File a safety complaint with NHTSA. Here's the website: File a Vehicle Safety Complaint | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

Then, request service and cite the safety complaint number.

It sucks that Tesla service is this terrible (I've had my fair share of issues - didn't sort some of them out until I threatened to pursue a Lemon Law buyback over the frunk stops), but the more all of us can do to hold their feet to the fire and honor their warranty, particularly over safety issues, the better off we as owners will be.

File a safety complaint with NHTSA. Here's the website: File a Vehicle Safety Complaint | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

Then, request service and cite the safety complaint number.

It sucks that Tesla service is this terrible (I've had my fair share of issues - didn't sort some of them out until I threatened to pursue a Lemon Law buyback over the frunk stops), but the more all of us can do to hold their feet to the fire and honor their warranty, particularly over safety issues, the better off we as owners will be.

i dont live in america

In my experience dealing with quality issues can be a pain with any car brand. I had a safety issue neglected for 6 months by BMW. They had all kinds of excuses why they couldn't get to it.
The ICE carmakers have little commitment to their EV fleet and seem to be offering them as an afterthought.

I totally sympathize, CS sucks, and I've been fortunate never to have to deal with it. However, time is money, so as much as I think Tesla CS is wrong, I'd just suck it up and pay the $100 for the seat fix. It's definitely a safety issue and they should have fixed it no questions asked. The second issue, was fixed. I've been to enough car dealers to know that it can be like pulling teeth to get them to agree to fix something sometimes. Third issue, I'd search to see if it's happened to others. Sounds like the car is in deep sleep, and won't wake up. Could it be your phone? Try the keycard to see if that'll get the car to function. Is it plugged in all night?

I had a 2016 Chevy Volt which I traded in for my Tesla. I liked the car alot, but I'm not so sure about the CS. They called me all the time for my oil change, when the app was showing I had about 1000 miles on the engine. Then I'd explain to them, that there's an app that shows you, blah blah blah... Owning the red-headed stepchild at the dealership did not appeal to me.

I might would just pay the $100 too. However, I’d then turn around and immediately dispute the charge on my CC as it rightfully should be covered under warranty.

I might would just pay the $100 too. However, I’d then turn around and immediately dispute the charge on my CC as it rightfully should be covered under warranty.

I think they’ll then refuse to do work on your car unless you pay them...

I actually think $100 is a low estimate. Any of Tesla’s models can suffer from improperly installed huck bom bolts. It’s an easy 2-3 hr job because you have to drill out the old bolts. Then you have to buy new bolts. It’s an in-house quality control assembly issue. Tesla used to just replace the whole seat.

I think they’ll then refuse to do work on your car unless you pay them...

I actually think $100 is a low estimate. Any of Tesla’s models can suffer from improperly installed huck bom bolts. It’s an easy 2-3 hr job because you have to drill out the old bolts. Then you have to buy new bolts. It’s an in-house quality control assembly issue. Tesla used to just replace the whole seat.

The problem is they are trying to force him to pay for a warranty issue. You can’t just make up stuff like “it’s within Tesla specs” to weasel out of honoring the warranty. So I’d pay the amount, get it fixed, demand a refund (warranty work) and when refused, then file a chargeback. As an e-commerce seller I know Tesla would lose this type of chargeback and then they are welcome to sue me.