Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Customized pressure" in Service Menu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few days ago, I rotated my tires and tried out the new "tire service mileage feature." Since there was no previous data, I updated my tire configuration, specifying that I have 18" summer tires. The configuration was successful, but the pressure measurements were swapped (due to the tire rotation that had just taken place). I don't know if the measurements are still swapped, as I corrected the pressure as soon as I got home and now the pressure is the same on all four tires.

However, something has changed. The service menu no longer shows the recommended tire pressure as before.
Screenshot_20230727_122248_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Instead, it shows "custom pressure" data, which is the incorrect pressure from when I rotated the tires.
20230727_104159.jpg

Does anyone know how to delete the custom pressure while preserving the tire service mileage data?
Any idea what I did wrong?
Why is custom pressure being displayed?

The reset TPMS sensor button now takes your current pressures as the baseline. This was a change recently. Before that, the 'recommended' 2.9bar/42PSI pressures were the baseline. Set your pressures to 2.9bar/42PSI and reset the TPMS sensors if you want the baseline to be at that level.
Personally, I think the new way is perfect for those, like me, who run pressures lower than the 42psi 'recommended'.

Reactions: DJ Palmis
The reset TPMS sensor button now takes your current pressures as the baseline. This was a change recently. Before that, the 'recommended' 2.9bar/42PSI pressures were the baseline. Set your pressures to 2.9bar/42PSI and reset the TPMS sensors if you want the baseline to be at that level.
Personally, I think the new way is perfect for those, like me, who run pressures lower than the 42psi 'recommended'.
Thank you. Will I loose last tire rotation mileage? May I ask you why You run pressures lower than 42psi?

I don't think you'll lose any mileage by resetting the TPMS but I haven't tried it myself.
There has been plenty of debate about why the recommended tyre pressures are what they are, but a heavy car generally requires higher pressures and it will also maximise range, which is what bothers a lot of EV drivers.

Tyre pressure affect comfort, grip, wear, overall life, range, noise, load carrying capacity - all sorts of thing. The pressures you choose (within the operating spec. of the tyre itself) will always be a compromise.

I'm not so worried about range, I'd rather have optimal grip and handling and with the Michelin tryes on my M3P the 'sweet spot' is 36-38PSI so that's where I set them. YMMV (literally!)

Reactions: DJ Palmis