Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tire service mileage notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the tire service mileage update I am seeing in the service menu that I should have serviced my tires approximately 2,000 miles ago. I only have 2,200 miles and took deliver of my MYP in March, that would mean I should've rotated (left to right since I have a performance) or changed my tires at about 200 miles. I am not worried about the notification because I checked my tires and they are near new and have no punctures. I know that you should rotate your tires every 6,000 miles also depending on how you drive but if I reset the notification will it come back at a random time? Does the notification come from how many miles Tesla sees buyers driving?
tempImageOVo8og.jpg

Tap on the "i" next to the tire info.

It's not telling you to do it 2k miles ago, it's saying it THINKS it was DONE "about 2k" miles ago... or in other words, the start of the current cycle.

When it gets to 6k "miles ago," THEN you will do a rotation and likely a notification will pop up saying so around that time.

Reactions: ATEV