Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberCharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla offers color matched faceplates for the Wall Connector, but what if you own a Cybertruck? I have a reservation for a CT and wanted to make a cyber-themed faceplate for my wall connector. This is what I came up with and how I made it. If you remove the faceplate from the wall connector you can see that it's held to the base with 2 screws at the bottom and 2 plastic tabs at the top. One idea was to scan this and incorporate it into my design for a stainless steel faceplate. However, I decided to go with something more simple and use magnets on my custom built faceplate that would align and stick to the screws that hold down the waterproof cover. First, I drew some sketches trying to keep the same general shape of the CT. This is what I made with CAD
CybertruckCAD.png

The slot is meant to align with the internal LED strip so you can see the wall connector's status. The hole at the bottom is to allow the input and charging cable to enter the wall connector assembly. It's made of 3 pieces of stainless steel, bent into shape and glued together. I designed it to be be easy to swap on and off. The wall connector casing is not modified, this stainless steel faceplate can be removed and the original glass one can be put back on. Essentially it's just a faceplate swap.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Here are some pictures of everything put together.

Image_20240611_151914_166.jpeg

Image_20240611_151914_086.jpeg