Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyberstream wheels on 2017 X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just had my 20" slipstream stock wheels on my 2017 X replaced with 20" Cyberstream wheels. I had to have them swap the TPMS sensors with a new set. The Discount Tire initially put one of the back 275 staggered wheels on front and realized the mistake while pulling out of the bay since it is rubbing the inside. But they have swapped the wheels to match them correctly. While all this is happening, I realized the new Cyberstream fronts are actually 40 offset vs the 35 offset of the stock. This will cause a positive 5mm offset pushing the wheel a bit inside towards the car. I have checked the clearance and don't see any rubbing now but the gap is too narrow with the suspension and I never checked this when the stock wheels were on so can't tell if these Cyberstream wheels are too deep or not.

I'm just checking to see if someone had any similar experience or any guidance? I'm planning to go to SC for an alignment and hope they won't complain about the offset difference.

I have just had my 20" slipstream stock wheels on my 2017 X replaced with 20" Cyberstream wheels. I had to have them swap the TPMS sensors with a new set. The Discount Tire initially put one of the back 275 staggered wheels on front and realized the mistake while pulling out of the bay since it is rubbing the inside. But they have swapped the wheels to match them correctly. While all this is happening, I realized the new Cyberstream fronts are actually 40 offset vs the 35 offset of the stock. This will cause a positive 5mm offset pushing the wheel a bit inside towards the car. I have checked the clearance and don't see any rubbing now but the gap is too narrow with the suspension and I never checked this when the stock wheels were on so can't tell if these Cyberstream wheels are too deep or not.

I'm just checking to see if someone had any similar experience or any guidance? I'm planning to go to SC for an alignment and hope they won't complain about the offset difference.

Just wondering if you ever had this done (alignment) and what/if any reaction from the service center was given?

Yes. They did the alignment and no questions asked about the wheels. It's been working fine since then. I hope this helps!
It certainly does; thank you. Had mine installed at American Tire here in the LA area. Loving them so far. The vehicle even feels a bit lighter and more nimble. Likely a placebo effect of something new.