Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Cabin noises - fan and then also upper center console with gear shifter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I start up my CT in the morning, very often there's a very obvious clicking sound coming from the vents/fan (both heat or A/C). I turn it off and it stops. If I keep it on, it generally stops in about an hour, then it's often good for the rest of the day. This is the only pattern I've found so far. It sucks because Tesla explicitly says, if there's a noise that you're bringing your car in for repair, and the noise is not present during your appointment, there's nothing they can do, which is understandable. So I've been trying to keep the fan off, and then turn it on mid-day, so I can replicate the issue when I bring it in to Tesla... Then today, I found the center console on the windshield with the gear shift and hazard button started making a similar clicking sound, not as loud and it stopped in under 5 minutes. Anyway, thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone else is having these issues?

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
If you are new to Tesla vechiles they can make lots of different sounds on their own. There is a whole section in the owner's manual with samples of the various noises it'll make.

If you do make a service appointment to have them look at it, I've found it really helpful to have a short video with the sounds you are experiencing recorded prior to going in or having them come out. If you want to extra helpful, upload it to YouTube and put the link in your service request.

Upvote 0