Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck towing Airstream

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So towing just over 100 miles with a 6500 pound Trailer you will burn approximately 240 miles of range? That is crazy.
No. Why do you think that the Cybertruck has 340 miles of Interstate range?
And since they all have A-T tires on it, they aren't that high yet, only about 317.

And think, you are towing something that is heavier than the truck and significantly taller than the truck.

Any ICE truck is going into single digits hauling this thing. Sure, you may get 300 miles on a tank, but it's going to cost north of $100 to fill it back up.

Reactions: bruce4000
And since they all have A-T tires on it, they aren't that high yet, only about 317.

And think, you are towing something that is heavier than the truck and significantly taller than the truck.

Any ICE truck is going into single digits hauling this thing. Sure, you may get 300 miles on a tank, but it's going to cost north of $100 to fill it back up.
Difference with an ICE is you can refuel quickly (not a 45 min SC stop every <2hrs). And you can carry gas cans when traveling to more remote places while camping.

I’m sick of 8-9 mpg towing with my LX570, I was hoping for a 500 mile truck so I could get 150-200 towing. Silverado EV with its >200kwh battery is looking better and better.

Unfortunately the CT just isn’t there for towing a camper, that is unless you only camp within 50 miles of your house.

Difference with an ICE is you can refuel quickly (not a 45 min SC stop every <2hrs). And you can carry gas cans when traveling to more remote places while camping.

I’m sick of 8-9 mpg towing with my LX570, I was hoping for a 500 mile truck so I could get 150-200 towing. Silverado EV with its >200kwh battery is looking better and better.

Unfortunately the CT just isn’t there for towing a camper, that is unless you only camp within 50 miles of your house.
you cancelled & got your $100 back-why are you so determined on follow up? Just chill!

So what.

This is why 500+ was promised and needed. Range is King.

Elon failed.

Reactions: coleAK
you cancelled & got your $100 back-why are you so determined on follow up? Just chill!
I approach things with the attitude of I am wrong, and gather information from there. Even in my specialty, I’m constantly gathering information, data, evidence,…. Possibly I was wrong in canceling my order?Could the CT get 200-300 miles towing? Nope.

This is the first real world towing test of something practical, a camper. I would have been excited to have been wrong in my logic/understanding of how much energy it was going to take to tow a camper.

Heck I love my model 3, I have still yet to see something the CT can do considerably better than my 3. Done day I still may own a CT, a mini-cyber truck? Possibly a non-founders, tri motor 320 mile 2 years from. It for $70k? Or a used founders in 1-2 years for <$40k?

Reactions: TessP100D
Can you make up the majority of the range that you lost going uphill on the downhill side? Towing through West Virginia and picking up range on the Downhill side would be amazing. Same with I 24 going through Tennessee.
Down hill you can gain back some range. I travel down from 5200 ‘ to sea level with in 20 miles. I pick up 16 miles of range. But I have to start with a SOC about 50-60%. Otherwise Regen won’t add much to the batteries

Down hill you can gain back some range. I travel down from 5200 ‘ to sea level with in 20 miles.
I pick up 16 miles of range. But I have to start with a SOC about 50-60%. Otherwise Regen won’t add much to the batteries
It seems that you were travelling in the Olympic National Park, WA?
I went last summer, and I got about 30% back when going down the hill, with a Model 3 LR AWD.

I checked the consumption using ABRP for a Cybertruck with a large trailer,
and got (90% - 72%) = 18% going up and (72% - 76%) = + 4% going down.

ABRP - Port Angeles - Hurrican Ridge - CT with Large Trailer - 00 Itinirary  .jpg ABRP - Port Angeles - Hurrican Ridge - Elevation  .jpgABRP - Port Angeles - Hurrican Ridge - CT with Large Trailer - 01 Setting  .jpg ABRP - Port Angeles - Hurrican Ridge - CT with Large Trailer - 02 Consumption - Going Up  .jpg ABRP - Port Angeles - Hurrican Ridge - CT with Large Trailer - 03 Consumption - Going Down  .jpg

Note: I would recommend doing this trip from Port Angeles, WA to the Hurricane Ridge Ski Resort, WA.
You will get a panoramic view of the Olympic Mountains and the Vancouver Island.

Hurrican Ridge - Mt Olympus - Panoramic View .jpg Hurrican Ridge - North  Panoramic View - Victoria, BC .jpg