Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

D-Vader finally gets his ride! šŸ˜‰

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been active on here much since I joined. I have a Model 3 SR that sadly I leased and due to Teslas lease policy, although I really like the car, I've never felt a connection to it because it will never be "mine". Also, I got it in Grey and 2wd when I wanted black and awd. To be honest it was supposed to be the wifes and I was going to "get mine" later. Well things changed after that and long story short it's been mine for about a year now.
However, due to work location changes driving a lease vehicle with limited miles is no longer feasible. So I convinced her to let me finance another Tesla. I really wanted to get a brand new black 3 P but I just couldn't spend the money it would take to get it. Also, black isn't eligible for the $7500 tax credit. I was going to buy a used black 3 P but I test drove one and I felt it was too much the same as what I have, just faster so I landed on a used Y Performance. I live in Cali and bought it from a dealership in Colorado. I can't go get it for 2 weeks but it's all mine. Now the wait begins. šŸ˜
Screenshot_20240701_130153_Chrome.jpg

I haven't been active on here much since I joined. I have a Model 3 SR that sadly I leased and due to Teslas lease policy, although I really like the car, I've never felt a connection to it because it will never be "mine". Also, I got it in Grey and 2wd when I wanted black and awd. To be honest it was supposed to be the wifes and I was going to "get mine" later. Well things changed after that and long story short it's been mine for about a year now.
However, due to work location changes driving a lease vehicle with limited miles is no longer feasible. So I convinced her to let me finance another Tesla. I really wanted to get a brand new black 3 P but I just couldn't spend the money it would take to get it. Also, black isn't eligible for the $7500 tax credit. I was going to buy a used black 3 P but I test drove one and I felt it was too much the same as what I have, just faster so I landed on a used Y Performance. I live in Cali and bought it from a dealership in Colorado. I can't go get it for 2 weeks but it's all mine. Now the wait begins. šŸ˜View attachment 1061483
People in California donā€™t say Cali. SoCal, NorCal is fine, but only people east of the Rockies say Cali.

However, due to work location changes driving a lease vehicle with limited miles is no longer feasible. So I convinced her to let me finance another Tesla. I really wanted to get a brand new black 3 P but I just couldn't spend the money it would take to get it. Also, black isn't eligible for the $7500 tax credit. I was going to buy a used black 3 P but I test drove one and I felt it was too much the same as what I have, just faster so I landed on a used Y Performance. I live in Cali and bought it from a dealership in Colorado. I can't go get it for 2 weeks but it's all mine. Now the wait begins. šŸ˜View attachment 1061483

Congratulations!

Performance. I live in Cali and bought it from a dealership in Colorado.

Do you have to paid sales taxes both in California and Colorado?

Note: Be sure that the car get transfered to your Tesla account, otherwise you will have difficulty to use a Supercharger.
Maybe take a CCS adapter, so you will still be able to use a non-Tesla DC Fast Charger.

• Love
Reactions: Dangaurd_Ace
People in California donā€™t say Cali. SoCal, NorCal is fine, but only people east of the Rockies say Cali.

Pretty funny. Those who live or moved here from out of state / country are telling me Iā€™m wrong.

I lived in there even before the turn of the millenium. We said Cali, San Fran, Frisco, and Socal in equal measures. Never really said Norcal much though.
San Fran is the other one transplants and people who donā€™t live in San Francisco say.

Pretty funny. Those who live or moved here from out of state / country are telling me Iā€™m wrong.

San Fran is the other one transplants and people who donā€™t live in San Francisco say.
No one said ā€œyouā€™re wrong.ā€

But your experience is yours and our experience is ours. Iā€™m sure plenty of people that arenā€™t transplants in Cali use either way.

What is even the point of this? To begin with, the fact you felt it somehow important enough to bring it up to ā€œcorrectā€ someone is pretty silly.

Iā€™m not exactly sure of the name, I think it was Mazinger-Z or something. The one where the pilot flies around in an orb-like ship that lands in the crown of the head. I always think that was interesting.

But ultimately, my favorite is the mainstream Voltron!
Getter---is the same era as MAZINGER-Z, there's a few episodes where they team up to beat bad guys. i guess like neighbors

which VOLTRON? lions, vehicle, there's also the first voltron that wasn't aired outside japan, it didn't transform...

Getter---is the same era as MAZINGER-Z, there's a few episodes where they team up to beat bad guys. i guess like neighbors

which VOLTRON? lions, vehicle, there's also the first voltron that wasn't aired outside japan, it didn't transform...
The lions. You could say they were lion shaped vehicles. That being said, I didnā€™t know about the Japan only version and canā€™t say I know about non-lion version. Itā€™s weird, feel like I mightā€™ve seen the non-lion version but canā€™t actually recall any. Maybe itā€™s just a physiological urge to ā€œbe in.ā€ I do remember creepy CG version, yikes.

• Funny
Reactions: Dangaurd_Ace
The lions. You could say they were lion shaped vehicles. That being said, I didnā€™t know about the Japan only version and canā€™t say I know about non-lion version. Itā€™s weird, feel like I mightā€™ve seen the non-lion version but canā€™t actually recall any. Maybe itā€™s just a physiological urge to ā€œbe in.ā€ I do remember creepy CG version, yikes.
The US there was the 5 lions in japan it's called GO-LION (go is japanese for 5) the other Voltron was all the vehicles that combined into like groups of ships, then they split and became Vehicle Voltron.
If you get a hold of the Japanese version of the Lions---it's pretty bloody and brutal!

you are right about Mazinger-Z the kid jumped in the ball shaped flyer then landed in the head, in the US there was a production that called it Trazor-Z