Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas Model 3 Deliveries - Watch out someone!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the Tesla SC lot looking at the new M3s. Note to someone out there - Vin# 14127 - was there and apparently getting prepped for delivery with a sticker that said "Front Failed." Not sure what that means but be careful if thats your car.....

Other VINs on the lot getting prepped for delivery: Vin #15767; 18041; 18346; 12431; 14454; 13948. All said manufactured in 04/2018 except #12431 which said 03/2018. A few had some weird panel alignments but otherwise looked OK.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I was on the Tesla SC lot looking at the new M3s. Note to someone out there - Vin# 14127 - was there and apparently getting prepped for delivery with a sticker that said "Front Failed." Not sure what that means but be careful if thats your car.....

Thankfully mine is 18041. I'll be by Tuesday to pick it up . can't wait.

Other VINs on the lot getting prepped for delivery: Vin #15767; 18041; 18346; 12431; 14454; 13948. All said manufactured in 04/2018 except #12431 which said 03/2018. A few had some weird panel alignments but otherwise looked OK.

I wish mine was there (18354) but apparently something happened and it did not make it to the SC. VIN pulled from my account and waiting on a replacement. This was after I had paid for the car.
Tesla's process for assigning VINs is weird. I have the same config as you except aeros instead of sport, and I just got my VIN which was in the 17k range.

I hope you get a new VIN assigned soon.

More warnings from Dallas!! A few months ago, Vin #7980 was refused for delivery due to severe damage to the rear trunk prior to delivery. Now the car is back on the lot, apparently getting ready to deliver to someone else. Does the paint match?? Is there a vehicle damage report on the car?? Will new buyer get disclosure and a discount??? Buyer beware......

More warnings from Dallas!! A few months ago, Vin #7980 was refused for delivery due to severe damage to the rear trunk prior to delivery. Now the car is back on the lot, apparently getting ready to deliver to someone else. Does the paint match?? Is there a vehicle damage report on the car?? Will new buyer get disclosure and a discount??? Buyer beware......

I'm sure the same thing will happen with my old VIN as I was told it was headed back to the factory for repair. Seems odd getting a new car that has been repainted, etc. I know on most new cars, your insurance would award a depreciated value claim.

As long as the body work looks as good as new from 5 feet, I wouldn't mind though.

Update: VIN is not in my account any more. I'm 6 hours away from the nearest service center. Too old of a car for me to accept. Excited, then found out why it's an old VIN. Heartbroken because I had plans to refuse it since they've improved/changed parts, etc. since that was manufactured. VIN was there before 6pm central time. Gone before 9:30