TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Damaged rear reflector - where to go?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Stretchquaker, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Stretchquaker

Stretchquaker Member

Hi all,

Somebody has reversed in to my M3 and cracked the rear driver's side reflector. It was fairly low impact, and there's no other damage. Where do I go to get a replacement and are these easy to replace? Is it a DIY job?

Thanks

2. compu85

compu85 Supporting Member

I imagine the service center could order this part for you.

For USA cars, 1077407-00-F is the part number for the right rear reflector. Looks like it just clips into the bumper.

• Like x 2
  3. Jason71

Jason71 Active Member

if you are prepared to fit it yourself just email [email protected] they will ship it to you. If it is in stock in the EU probably in a few days. if not then be prepared for a long wait
    Unlike service you will probably get a quick response since Tesla stand to make money here !

• Like x 1
  4. Stretchquaker

Stretchquaker Member

Thank you guys, thats helpful. I've emailed them.

5. dan223

dan223 Member

Let me know how you get on, my car got hit and other than a small amount of paintwork that needs to be done the reflector is also cracked, and it is going to be the thing to take the longest to source obviously if it has to come from the US.

6. Stretchquaker

Stretchquaker Member

will do!

7. Chalks99

Chalks99 Member

E49077F0-D15F-4FC5-BA10-FE8D9917E109.png
    Something like this ? I was browsing the Taptes website and remembered your post .

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  8. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Reflectors on ours do not double as brake light. Is that an additional feature?

9. Stretchquaker

Stretchquaker Member

Yes, this has confused me too. (thanks to Chalks99 though) If so, how would they be powered? I'll wait and see what Tesla spares say and report back. Even though its a small problem, it'll possibly be a common one.

• Like x 1
  10. Stretchquaker

Stretchquaker Member

Update - in true Tesla style I have no response to Tuesday’s email other than the automatic reply saying they’d reply within 24 hours....

• Funny x 2
  11. Stretchquaker

Stretchquaker Member

Ok - I now have the part from Tesla - don't suppose anyone has previously taken off a damaged reflector and put on a replacement?

12. Stretchquaker

Stretchquaker Member

To finish this one off - the rear reflector part from Tesla cost 20.70 GBP including postage. The damaged reflector was clipped in and was removed using a couple of tyre levers from a bicycle puncture repair kit. The replacement then just clipped back in simply. Easy job even for me, and I'm useless.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 2