Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dang. 3-weeks in and "air suspension needs service."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bring it in for service - and start the clock running on lemon law. . .

I know that SAS is not a major issue if its not working - but if you don't 'need' the vehicle getting it in to start the clock will start the clock on consecutive days and cumulative.

I'm glad to see it was a software problem - but those days should count. . . .

picked up my car today and within 5 minutes of leaving the dealership, I got the exact same alert again. Dropped the car back off again and got another loaner. I've gone from kind of bummed to getting a bit pissed off about this. And yes, I had the latest FW update applied Monday.

just to close this out - they did a "deeper" check on the firmware. a 12v reset of some sort and then a full firmware flash. after that, 2 separate drives to confirm the issue didn't return before handing the car back to me. so far, so good. for my troubles during this first month of ownership, they are covering the first 2 annual services which was kind and generous.

Reactions: PrGrPa
My 1 week old MS just did this too, yesterday. Called and they had me do a screen reboot and a dash reboot, neither fixed it.

Later in the day it seemed to fix itself and be fine all afternoon. o_O

Tesla called me back and they didn't find anything OTA, but want me to bring the car down to have it physically checked on Friday.

My 1 week old MS just did this too, yesterday. Called and they had me do a screen reboot and a dash reboot, neither fixed it.

Later in the day it seemed to fix itself and be fine all afternoon. o_O

Tesla called me back and they didn't find anything OTA, but want me to bring the car down to have it physically checked on Friday.

My S 100D had the same problem, it was intemittent, reoccuring after prolonged (20+ hrs) of unuse. I took to the service center and they replaced the whole system. Get this checked out with the service center.

I had this issue intermittently for a few years (SC found nothing) then just about every drive for a few weeks. Was going to take it in again but changed to winter tires and went away completely. Could have been "Jack mode" reset something.

UPDATE: the SC just called and they are almost done fixing my car up. Apparently a V-Fuse (might have been an E-Fuse, hard to understand the guy on the phone) was not torqued down correctly from the factory. So they think that is why my air suspension was intermittent that one time, but then seemed to fix itself later. Who knows, crazy contraption! I do hope that this solves it once and for all.

My brand new baby is doing the same thing. I am calling service tomorrow. It did it once, took it home and drove the next day at it was fine...Stayed find for a week, and now today when I accelerated on the green light, the message came up again.

I also have the trunk not looking issue too.

UPDATE: Got the “air suspension needs service” light again. (SvC fixed it at their shop last time). I performed multiple system resets with no change. Car drove fine.

Talked to my SvC and they pushed me an OTA update which immediately fixed the issue. I’m on day two since the OTA and all appears well.

UPDATE: Got the “air suspension needs service” light again. (SvC fixed it at their shop last time). I performed multiple system resets with no change. Car drove fine.

Talked to my SvC and they pushed me an OTA update which immediately fixed the issue. I’m on day two since the OTA and all appears well.
The latest software updates seem to have fixed the problem. I was getting this regularly until the recent updates and I have not had it since.
I also changed to winter tires and wheels putting the car in "jack mode" and this seems to have reset something.