Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dartford Delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Well I got to collect my M3 LR from Dartford (Red, White/Black interior. 19 inch wheels) today . All went fine.

When I arrived it was quiet with nobody else there. I suspect this is because my collection was a slightly later than others shipped on the Glovis Sun. The guy who dealt with me had done 3 other deliveries today. They were very courteous and friendly. Apart from a very small mark on the underside of the front, the car was fine. No panel gap issues. Everything worked. Wheels good. They were in no hurry to get rid of me.

The basic process was:

1) Scan QR code in reception. Enter your name, say your there for a delivery. Enter the RN.
2) Within 5 mins the guy appeared with paperwork for me to review and sign. Again he said I could take my time.
3) went out to the car. He answered all of my questions.
4) I checked out the car. All good apart from one mark on underside. He recorded that. Car had 90% charge. All cables were present. Wireless charging plus USB3 and mud flaps.
5) He rebooted the car out of transport mode. Tesla app connected.

I found the whole process quick and easy and not remotely problematic. Drove back home 40 miles.

Found the car amazing to drive. I’ve dealt with many dealers over the years. Couldn’t fault Tesla to be honest today, Least at Dartford

Detailers are visiting this week. Hopefully my electrician will finish my charger install Tuesday

Attachments

• 0014CE31-CB96-4587-8952-A81340ADEAB0.jpeg
    0014CE31-CB96-4587-8952-A81340ADEAB0.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 65
Hi All,

Well I got to collect my M3 LR from Dartford (Red, White/Black interior. 19 inch wheels) today . All went fine.

When I arrived it was quiet with nobody else there. I suspect this is because my collection was a slightly later than others shipped on the Glovis Sun. The guy who dealt with me had done 3 other deliveries today. They were very courteous and friendly. Apart from a very small mark on the underside of the front, the car was fine. No panel gap issues. Everything worked. Wheels good. They were in no hurry to get rid of me.

The basic process was:

1) Scan QR code in reception. Enter your name, say your there for a delivery. Enter the RN.
2) Within 5 mins the guy appeared with paperwork for me to review and sign. Again he said I could take my time.
3) went out to the car. He answered all of my questions.
4) I checked out the car. All good apart from one mark on underside. He recorded that. Car had 90% charge. All cables were present. Wireless charging plus USB3 and mud flaps.
5) He rebooted the car out of transport mode. Tesla app connected.

I found the whole process quick and easy and not remotely problematic. Drove back home 40 miles.

Found the car amazing to drive. I’ve dealt with many dealers over the years. Couldn’t fault Tesla to be honest today, Least at Dartford

Detailers are visiting this week. Hopefully my electrician will finish my charger install Tuesday

Didn’t you notice that your car was parked upside down!

Seriously though - Thanks for the info, very encouraging, although my handover day is Sept 1st and therefore I’m expecting it to be much busier.