Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery gone wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a disgraceful example of the "I'm doing you a favor by allowing you to buy a Tesla" thread in the Tesla Company culture. I ran into a similar problem with the delivery of a blemished car in Fremont. They were offended when I declined receipt of the car, but I am glad I did as their were no issues with the second card delivery.
It’s called sales, their job is to move inventory. As a customer, if you’re not happy you can just reject and walk away.

For a used car, not surprising unfortunately. Looking at the picture though, IMO not a big deal, just my opinion so don't bash me lol. Easily fixable by warranty. Motor and electronic issues are the ones you should be worried about. Anecdotal example here, I was at Carmax last week to sell my other car and were roaming around the lot, I saw a really nice 2021 Merc GLE 450 for $64K, it had chips and ding all over front and door handles too and who knows what else, but yep they want $64K. Crazy!

At least you got a discount for the cosmetic blemishes. A lot of people ordered a brand new car that came blemishes, paint chips and misaligned panels, AND they got no discount.

And if your car were perfect with no blemishes, you never would have been able to get it for $2500 off.

If that car bothered you so much, you should have rejected it and ordered one at full price and probably would end up with one with blemishes anyway. And you would have lost your discount. Count your blessings

Tesla's sales numbers are not going to be good this quarter. In the near future, Tesla is going to have real competition. When they do, these arrogant sales policies are going to disappear. I've been reading this website for years. It's amazing some of the vehicles they've been able to push off on anxious buyers. If you are getting a discount on a Tesla inventory car in the range of $2500 to $5000 you can bet that it has issues. Whether Tesla will correct those issues is a crap shoot.

I read of one buyer a couple of months ago who they tried to sell a wrecked MY to. The only reason they didn't was that the replacement body parts weren't available and he got tired of waiting. He saw the actual wrecked vehicle when he showed up to pick up his replacement vehicle.

Tesla has a lot of really positive things going for it in their vehicles. Customer service and quality control are not among them. That will change if they are to continue success in the automotive manufacturing business.

Tesla has a lot of really positive things going for it in their vehicles. Customer service and quality control are not among them. That will change if they are to continue success in the automotive manufacturing business
They will continue to thrive, until the others realize that the old way of selling is hurting them. I would have bought an Ionic 5 Limited, had the online quote I was given legitimate. Tesla is upfront about pricing, while the others are still stuck in the 20th century.

Tesla's sales numbers are not going to be good this quarter. In the near future, Tesla is going to have real competition. When they do, these arrogant sales policies are going to disappear.

They will continue to thrive, until the others realize that the old way of selling is hurting them.
I have to agree with this. I picked up an inventory Model 3 last month. This was after searching for a Prius for weeks, but refusing to pay $4k - $9k above MSRP for dealerships “market adjustment”.
Hyundai has markups on their EVs, Kia even had a $3k markup on a Kia Soul.
In the end, the Model 3 wasn’t my first choice, but ended up being the cheapest/best option.

Tesla's sales numbers are not going to be good this quarter. In the near future, Tesla is going to have real competition. When they do, these arrogant sales policies are going to disappear. I've been reading this website for years. It's amazing some of the vehicles they've been able to push off on anxious buyers. If you are getting a discount on a Tesla inventory car in the range of $2500 to $5000 you can bet that it has issues. Whether Tesla will correct those issues is a crap shoot.

I read of one buyer a couple of months ago who they tried to sell a wrecked MY to. The only reason they didn't was that the replacement body parts weren't available and he got tired of waiting. He saw the actual wrecked vehicle when he showed up to pick up his replacement vehicle.

Tesla has a lot of really positive things going for it in their vehicles. Customer service and quality control are not among them. That will change if they are to continue success in the automotive manufacturing business.

Tesla was trying to sell a wrecked MY as new in inventory?

Sorry for your bad experience. Personally I would not accept the car and wait for another inventory model that fits your description.

For sheets and grins I went to the Tesla inventory main page and scrolled through cars to see there would be an indication of a demo model.
I did find three that were labeled "demo". It is labeled on the front page before you click on details. When I clicked on the "Details" it showed it was a demo model with 15 miles on one particular blue.

So you must have missed the "demo" label when you ordered yours from inventory.
That makes more sense that at least the Tesla website for a specific VIN is labelled with the word "Demo vehicle". I would be curious to see what the OP's page looks like when he bought the car to see if it did say "demo vehicle" but didn't notice it.

Reactions: zoomer0056