Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery gone wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New here hey all!

Have a new one for you all (wasn't able to find related experience). So psyched to take delivery two days ago and found my vehicle with scratches on the front. Went in and the rep said " oh you chose a demo vehicle with 250mi on it. You have to accept the vehicle as is" At no point in the ordering process did I ever select a demo vehicle (later realize the vehicle has 30mi on it). I got a 2k discount because I selected one from inventory. The rep convinces me that the only option is to spend 5k more on a new one which will take months to arrive or USE the savings and take it to a body shop and have them take care of it. I found a bunch more panel issues, scratches on the interior and he said "take it or leave it, were closing in 45 min" . Truly mortified by the experience and have regretted making the move. Awful feeling leaving with a new car that needs to go to an autobody shop. Not sure if anyone has experience with a bad delivery rep but have no idea how to go about this. How can they not be willing to fix anything on a new vehicle? I should have rejected delivery I suppose but he was very convincing. Had my checklist with me and everything!

Either way, still psyched to be in the forum. Love cars, maintenance, optimization and customization. Very active in my old Subie forum

Could you describe which model version, colors, options you get and discounted price versus ordering a new one?

Were you able to get the $7,500 IRA tax discount, in particular the Colorado $5,000 EV tax credit?
White
Performance AWD
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Sport Pedals

2500 off 55k = 52,500

Yes I should get both tax credits.

You should report the issue thru the "Service Request" soon. For a new car, there is a 3-day window/100-mile for reporting all cosmetic related issues.
Once they approve your request, they should be able to fix the scratches with mobile services (not 100% sure), so you don't even need to drive it to them.

Good Luck!!

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
So now it's yours. Show some pics of the problems. The guy you talked to at delivery is an idiot. Use the app to set up appt for all the issues. It's a new car, its under waranty. I hope you have pics from day of delivery, else they'll say you scratched the car.

New here hey all!

Have a new one for you all (wasn't able to find related experience). So psyched to take delivery two days ago and found my vehicle with scratches on the front. Went in and the rep said " oh you chose a demo vehicle with 250mi on it. You have to accept the vehicle as is" At no point in the ordering process did I ever select a demo vehicle (later realize the vehicle has 30mi on it). I got a 2k discount because I selected one from inventory. The rep convinces me that the only option is to spend 5k more on a new one which will take months to arrive or USE the savings and take it to a body shop and have them take care of it. I found a bunch more panel issues, scratches on the interior and he said "take it or leave it, were closing in 45 min" . Truly mortified by the experience and have regretted making the move. Awful feeling leaving with a new car that needs to go to an autobody shop. Not sure if anyone has experience with a bad delivery rep but have no idea how to go about this. How can they not be willing to fix anything on a new vehicle? I should have rejected delivery I suppose but he was very convincing. Had my checklist with me and everything!

Either way, still psyched to be in the forum. Love cars, maintenance, optimization and customization. Very active in my old Subie forum
Sorry, I feel bad for you and rep must be wrong.

But, I'm cracking up! Sorry, it was a demo, as-is, it only comes with three wheels. Now drive off the lot, we're closing!

I agree, open a Service Request ASAP.

Reactions: zoomer0056
So now it's yours. Show some pics of the problems. The guy you talked to at delivery is an idiot. Use the app to set up appt for all the issues. It's a new car, its under waranty. I hope you have pics from day of delivery, else they'll say you scratched the car.
Front_PillarGap.jpg
Side_panel.jpg
Rear_Panel.jpg
Front_Scratches.jpg

You should report the issue thru the "Service Request" soon. For a new car, there is a 3-day window/100-mile for reporting all cosmetic related issues.
Once they approve your request, they should be able to fix the scratches with mobile services (not 100% sure), so you don't even need to drive it to them.

Good Luck!!
Mobile service doesn't do bodywork.

Depending on the severity of the scratches, a good detailer may be able to take care of them. "That'll buff right out"...

New here hey all!

Have a new one for you all (wasn't able to find related experience). So psyched to take delivery two days ago and found my vehicle with scratches on the front. Went in and the rep said " oh you chose a demo vehicle with 250mi on it. You have to accept the vehicle as is"
At no point in the ordering process did I ever select a demo vehicle (later realize the vehicle has 30mi on it). I got a 2k discount because I selected one from inventory. The rep convinces me that the only option is to spend 5k more on a new one which will take months to arrive or USE the savings and take it to a body shop and have them take care of it. I found a bunch more panel issues, scratches on the interior and he said "take it or leave it, were closing in 45 min" . Truly mortified by the experience and have regretted making the move. Awful feeling leaving with a new car that needs to go to an autobody shop. Not sure if anyone has experience with a bad delivery rep but have no idea how to go about this. How can they not be willing to fix anything on a new vehicle? I should have rejected delivery I suppose but he was very convincing. Had my checklist with me and everything!

Sorry for your bad experience. Personally I would not accept the car and wait for another inventory model that fits your description.

For sheets and grins I went to the Tesla inventory main page and scrolled through cars to see there would be an indication of a demo model.
I did find three that were labeled "demo". It is labeled on the front page before you click on details. When I clicked on the "Details" it showed it was a demo model with 15 miles on one particular blue.

So you must have missed the "demo" label when you ordered yours from inventory.

Attachments

• Demo_inventory_2023.jpg
    Demo_inventory_2023.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 75
This is a disgraceful example of the "I'm doing you a favor by allowing you to buy a Tesla" thread in the Tesla Company culture. I ran into a similar problem with the delivery of a blemished car in Fremont. They were offended when I declined receipt of the car, but I am glad I did as their were no issues with the second card delivery.

Reactions: zoomer0056