Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard Repair Advice - Tesla Model 3 Mistake UGH!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not have Facebook so I cannot ask the Tesla Model 3 Group there for advice so I'm here for help!

I decided to do some research on a good dashboard sticker to mount my military patch to my dashboard as I have done in my previous car. I stumbled upon this — Washable Double Sided Sticky Gel Pads and with mostly good reviews ordered and installed. Well after a couple of days I liked the clean dashboard look and decided to take the patch off with the gel pad and BOOM I was left with the attached images. I have talked to (3) different detailers and multiple auto upholstery individuals with mostly all the same reaction "SHOCK" and no solution besides living with it or replacement of the whole dashboard. I already know the MASSIVE task Tesla Model 3 Dashboard replacements are and do not want to venture down that road. Does anyone, anyone, know of a product that can save me from this GREAT MISTAKE!

tl:dr — placed this — washable Double Sided Sticky Gel Pads on my dashboard and when I removed got the attached pictures. Asking for some advice on how to repair as a replacement would be expensive and not wanted.

IMG_0334.jpeg
IMG_0335.jpeg
IMG_0336.jpeg

Am I seeing it right? It's indented somehow? Wild.

If it doesn't rise back within a few days I agree there's not much you can do unfortunately. It feels like there's some cushion there normally and it now looks like that's gone/squished/melted/deflated/something.

If it bothers you a lot, might be best to just put the patch back.

Hi All,

I have Photosync Front Windshield Tint at 70% so it's going to probably take a bit longer to see any results. Also, LA just entered the "Winter" months with less heat so I'll set a reminder to report back in 3-month cycles.

@Scrannel Great idea but I think it might cause a watermark like on a wood table when moister has sat too long in one spot. Idk if it will but I would rather not try and make it worse.

@SMAlset Yes, I 100% do not want Tesla SC to replace dash as I'm sure some weird rattles will appear. I'm already trying to get them to fix the rattles in my passenger door. Trying being the key word!

Hello! I am here because I just ran into the exact situation and wondering how this ever turned out for you. Did the heat eventually even out the indentation? Really hoping it did, because I’m now in the same boat!
Hi All,

I have Photosync Front Windshield Tint at 70% so it's going to probably take a bit longer to see any results. Also, LA just entered the "Winter" months with less heat so I'll set a reminder to report back in 3-month cycles.

@Scrannel Great idea but I think it might cause a watermark like on a wood table when moister has sat too long in one spot. Idk if it will but I would rather not try and make it worse.

@SMAlset Yes, I 100% do not want Tesla SC to replace dash as I'm sure some weird rattles will appear. I'm already trying to get them to fix the rattles in my passenger door. Trying being the key word!