Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard scratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. But that tacoma isnt using soft touch material. So not really apples to apples

I think you mean soft "don't touch"". There are "soft touch" parts on my doors and they have no issue. It is completely unacceptable for materials on a car dash to be this delicate on a modern car. It's just laughable because a dash is just not a complicated thing to make durable. I can't even think of a car made that has issues like this. This is a case of complete lack of materials experience.

To give you an idea of how low grade (generous) M3 materials are, I left a coiled 12V cord in my center consul and after a few days it left imprints in the felt and they wont come out. Looks like it was stamped by a press. Perhaps they buy the absolute cheapest materials available I don't know but I have never seen this on any car I have ever owned.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: McFlurri
I think you mean soft "don't touch"". There are "soft touch" parts on my doors and they have no issue. It is completely unacceptable for materials on a car dash to be this delicate on a modern car. It's just laughable because a dash is just not a complicated thing to make durable. I can't even think of a car made that has issues like this. This is a case of complete lack of materials experience.

To give you an idea of how low grade (generous) M3 materials are, I left a coiled 12V cord in my center consul and after a few days it left imprints in the felt and they wont come out. Looks like it was stamped by a press. Perhaps they buy the absolute cheapest materials available I don't know but I have never seen this on any car I have ever owned.
I stand corrected