Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y tint being scratched?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!
I have a model y that I had the front windows tinted with some ceramic tint. This was done September. I have just noticed that there appears to be scratches in the tint. Two vertical scratches as you can see in the photos. Anyone else having this issue? It is normal in a model y or should I do a warranty claim? I do know that they won't fix the tint, but if I can stop at getting worse or causing more issues with the tint then I should be good? Sorry for the lighting. It's hard to get a shot of the actual lines.

Attachments

• PXL_20230604_100810222.jpg
    PXL_20230604_100810222.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 184
Hey everyone!
I have a model y that I had the front windows tinted with some ceramic tint. This was done September. I have just noticed that there appears to be scratches in the tint. Two vertical scratches as you can see in the photos. Anyone else having this issue? It is normal in a model y or should I do a warranty claim? I do know that they won't fix the tint, but if I can stop at getting worse or causing more issues with the tint then I should be good? Sorry for the lighting. It's hard to get a shot of the actual lines.
As a starting point, I’d return to the film installer and ask them to identify the cause of the scratches. It could be something loose or badly placed inside the door trim which tesla would need to look at

Reactions: lS3toM3
Hard to see much in that photo, but something that can cause scratches on window film is grit or dirt around the seals that the window slides into.

Lower the window completely and run a clean cloth along the inside seal. Also run a vacuum across it.

Reactions: paulp
Hey everyone!
Warranty claim against who? What’s the cost of re-tinting the window, $100?

No, mine are not scratched, I roll my window down everyday to open a gate with my badge.

Last edited: