Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard scratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just happened to me. I have been cleaning the dash with ONR and microfiber towels with no problem, but today got numerous scratches. I think whatever dust or dirt found its way onto the dash scratched it while wiping. It did not even look dirty while cleaning. I am going to try some leather/vinyl cleaning products to hopefully hide it a bit.

I have no idea. I'm a little distraught. At this point I'd keep it to just using a duster.
It's going in to the service center tomorrow to have the windshield (scratched on delivery) and roof (cracked) replaced , so I'll ask them if there's anything that can be done.

My car is three weeks old. I already had the dash and my steering wheel replaced from bubbling. I have an S and my 3 is the cheapest made car I have ever owned. I put a coiled cord for a raydar detector in my center consul and it left deep impressions in the felt that won't come out. What idiot at Tesla specified these ultra low grade materials? I put a few light items in my trunk and the rear deck is damaged. I have hauled tons of heavy junk in my S and other cars for years and it looks better than my 3 after two uses. Tesla, I don't think it is possible to get any materials cheaper than these. Great job on a $60K plus car. Crap interior materials that bubble and ding, dash boards that scratch if you look at them wrong, paint that sucks, floor mats that wear down in a month, foam seats that push down to the frame and shed foam. Sorry to rant but talk about cutting the wrong corners. I have a 2013 Tacoma and the interior is far superior in every way and you can clean it with anything and it wont harm it. If you buy a 3 seems you need floor covers, ceramic treatments or wraps and you need to leave it in the garage to keep it from delaminating or getting dirty or risk damaging it with a soft cloth. Rant over.

Had this happen to me this morning.

Made it worse trying to buff it out. Wish I had read this thread before.

Attachments

• 20181205_084754.jpg
    20181205_084754.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 698
  • 20181205_084302.jpg
    20181205_084302.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 411
Any updates here?

I've purposely not touched my dash at all due to the scratches and other pictures I've seen here. Well it's been 3 months so it's probably time to clean it with something. I saw 303 aerospace mentioned here: 303 Aerospace for dash? but no confirmation that it actually works well.

What's everyone using?
Anyone else scratch their dash inadvertently? How so?

I'm also going to need to look for something that helps with small scratches, either by hiding them or buffing them out a little.

I only wipe my car interior down with one of those swiffer dust mops having learned my lesson over decades of car ownership and often making things worse by "cleaning" my car with a cloth that had an edge or a tiny bit of dirt on it.

In my case I have a four year old kid who kicks the crap out of the seat back and it's getting scuffed up. I want to clean it up and then I will consider having a local detail shop put something on the seat backs to protect them from more abuse.

I know they sell a pretty expensive ceramic product for this kind of thing but doesn't seem like ceramic would do much for lots of scuffs.