Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam missing the exact min when the accident happened... any way to retrieve?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my P3D delivered on Saturday and 3 days later I got into an accident when a truck trying to rush and change lane right in front of me. I had to dodge to the left shoulder on highway but unfortunately it still resulted in an collision where my car's right fender and wheel were hit. My car lost control for about 1-2 second swinging right and left but fortunately I was able to regain control. I was using the dashcam from V9 to record and when I'm trying to retrieve the footage at home I noticed it's missing the exact moment when the collision happened. The footage captured the minute right before it happened and right after I was trying to pull over following the other party. Is it possible to retrieve the footage from Tesla Autopilot at all?

Attachments

• IMG_9458.JPG
    IMG_9458.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 87
I used to work in filesystems, and a handy (though moderately complicated) tool to recover media is PhotoRec (link).

It's especially useful because it just examines the drive for things that look like media, it ignores any filesystem data. Which means it can be possible to recover media even if the filesystem is hosed as long as the file itself isn't corrupt.

I used to work in filesystems, and a handy (though moderately complicated) tool to recover media is PhotoRec (link).

It's especially useful because it just examines the drive for things that look like media, it ignores any filesystem data. Which means it can be possible to recover media even if the filesystem is hosed as long as the file itself isn't corrupt.
Thanks, does this software come with a Mac version?