Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam viewer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all :)

Wondering if anyone is having the same issue on 2020.12.5?

I have a new SanDisk USB 3.0 Reader and Endurance 128GB SD card, as recommended by most. FAT32 formatted and all.

I can view the dash cam footage on the laptop, but its not available to view via the new built in viewer in the Tesla... is this right?
or is there a bug in this firmware or something? Anyone else having the same problem.

The dashcam viewer can be used to view Sentry and Saved videos only. No dashcam videos. If you want to view something later, you can honk the horn (if enabled), or press the dashcam video to save the last 10 minutes.

I'm not sure why we aren't able to view the regular dashcam video.

I wonder at what point the recents is now deleted? Start of next drive, or time based like before?

Also

It is also a benefit because if you were sometimes too quick to hit save, either by honking the horn or physically pressing the save button, the incident you actually wanted to record was just missed in the saved clip.

So it wasn't just coincidence that I kept having the event being lost. But, can you then retrospectively save that clip?