Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Model S on Thursday. There has been a few sentry mode events, but when I try to view them I get a notification that the dashcam is not available. I have unplugged and replugged in the included flash drive, I have performed a soft reboot, and I have replaced the flash drive with a Samsung SSD. Same results. Any thoughts for a new Tesla owner?

Make sure you reformat to FAT or EXFAT, and you must also add the folders if you format external to the car. You could try to reformat using the dashcam reformat process first as Bull suggests. It should put the proper folders and format on the drive.. Does the existing drive have the proper folders? Check the USB drive on another device to see if it is OK, or what is wrong.

Upvote 0
Same or similar issues with my new Model 3. After parking for a while I back to the car and it shows there were sentry events, but the dashcam icon has disappeared. If I unplug the drive from the USB-A port and plug back in the icon comes back but the drive doesn't have anything recorded. I've seen posts elsewhere that suggest the port in the glovebox powers off when the car sleeps. For now I've moved the USB (Tesla supplied) into the centre console and am using a USB-C to A convertor. Too early to say if it's fixed but seems more consistent. Only issue is that there's now a persistent UI_A111 notification saying that it may use more power for sentry. Seems to tally with the fact that the glovebox port powers off perhaps? I'm too new an owner to tell if it's related to the last software update. I did get some sentry events from the USB connected in the glovebox, but it was only a short parking event so the car may not have properly gone to sleep.

Upvote 0