Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead car (2021) [45 seconds to wake up]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopped in my car after work on Friday and the thing was dead. The car unlocked and the doors opened. Screen was black, nada. Held the two scroll buttons to try a reset, never got the "T" to pop up on the screen but after about 45sec the car woke up. Any idea what could have caused that? Is that something that happens from time to time. When I parked it I had about 77mi left of range and it was about 30deg here in Chicago. When the car woke up it showed about 74mi of range.

This description sounds like a long time to wake up, not a car thats dead. You said "it woke up after 45 seconds". I originally thought 12v battery (still could be the case) but it could have just been doing a full reboot or something.

This description sounds like a long time to wake up, not a car thats dead. You said "it woke up after 45 seconds". I originally thought 12v battery (still could be the case) but it could have just been doing a full reboot or something.
30min prior to leaving the office I attempted to warm the car up via the app. Each time it failed. When I got in the car and put my foot on the brake to put it in reverse, nothing.