Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham MA waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not encouraging. Did they ask you to come again tomorrow or are they going to deliver the car?
Will report what happens with my delivery tomorrow.

Yea kinda concerning -- I did get a text and email confirming my car is ready -- but I'm gonna get there early tomorrow (hopefully around 3-ish for a 530pm appt) and the first thing I'm going to ask is "dude, where's my car". I also want to see it before it gets dark.

Good luck tomorrow!

Picked up the car today!!! Things went pretty smoothly. I reached at 4:30 for a 6pm appointment. They checked me in, confirmed that the car was on premise and said someone should reach out to me once they have all the documents together. I took a stroll in the parking lot which was teeming with Model 3s and few ModelS/Xs. I found the car with my VIN in 10 mins. Proceeded with going through the external inspection checklist. Everything looked good. The car was a little dusty dusty but did look like it was cleaned recently. Saw some clear coat scratches on the rear driver side door. I wasn't too worried because I'm going to get a ceramic coating done.
In another 10 mins someone (Aaron) called out to me. He had the paperwork. We proceeded to the car and started exploring the interior. Since it was before my scheduled delivery time, the car won't show up on my phone app. Also, someone had put the car in Valet mode and entered a pin:confused:. The delivery guy didn't know what the pin was. He gave up after a few tries. I suggested 0000. That worked :p.
I signed documents, paid up everything and he went inside to get the registration/plates. That took 15-20 more mins. I was checking the car in the mean time. Everything looks solid. Very happy.
Finally got the plates around 5:50. Another Tesla employee gave me an orientation while the plates were being put up. Everything was done by 6.
Drove about mile, dropped off the car at Detailing place and now I'm back home and I'm already missing it.:D
Overall everyone was super nice but you could tell they were struggling a bit with the volume. They had a couple of greeters outside who intercepted me just as got off the Uber and led to right person. That was good thinking.

I hope everyone has the same experience that I had. All the best folks!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20181212_174509.jpg
    MVIMG_20181212_174509.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 70
Picked up the car today!!! Things went pretty smoothly. I reached at 4:30 for a 6pm appointment. They checked me in, confirmed that the car was on premise and said someone should reach out to me once they have all the documents together. I took a stroll in the parking lot which was teeming with Model 3s and few ModelS/Xs. I found the car with my VIN in 10 mins. Proceeded with going through the external inspection checklist. Everything looked good. The car was a little dusty dusty but did look like it was cleaned recently. Saw some clear coat scratches on the rear driver side door. I wasn't too worried because I'm going to get a ceramic coating done.
In another 10 mins someone (Aaron) called out to me. He had the paperwork. We proceeded to the car and started exploring the interior. Since it was before my scheduled delivery time, the car won't show up on my phone app. Also, someone had put the car in Valet mode and entered a pin:confused:. The delivery guy didn't know what the pin was. He gave up after a few tries. I suggested 0000. That worked :p.
I signed documents, paid up everything and he went inside to get the registration/plates. That took 15-20 more mins. I was checking the car in the mean time. Everything looks solid. Very happy.
Finally got the plates around 5:50. Another Tesla employee gave me an orientation while the plates were being put up. Everything was done by 6.
Drove about mile, dropped off the car at Detailing place and now I'm back home and I'm already missing it.:D
Overall everyone was super nice but you could tell they were struggling a bit with the volume. They had a couple of greeters outside who intercepted me just as got off the Uber and led to right person. That was good thinking.

I hope everyone has the same experience that I had. All the best folks!

Same here -- mission accomplished! Very happy. Got there early and left early, even had enough time to hit up a gas station (they looked at me kinda funny) for the state inspection.

One thing I should have done while there is set up my phone as a key. Can't get that working - my wife also has the same problem -- tries to connect with vehicle for a few seconds and then says can't connect. Doing an update now. I'll try again tomorrow and will reach out to Tesla if it's still not working. Everything else seems great so far!

One thing I should have done while there is set up my phone as a key. Can't get that working - my wife also has the same problem -- tries to connect with vehicle for a few seconds and then says can't connect. Doing an update now. I'll try again tomorrow and will reach out to Tesla if it's still not working. Everything else seems great so far!
There have been some issues with Android phones. I have Pixel2 and it works fine. There is probably some info on the forums.

Delivery appointment for tomorrow randomly moved up by one hour (to 5:30). Not complaining at all, more of a chance that I could get there with some daylight to find the car. Just glad I scheduled the evening off of work? Because no one contacted until about an hour ago. And I think that was another automated email.

Delivery appointment for tomorrow randomly moved up by one hour (to 5:30). Not complaining at all, more of a chance that I could get there with some daylight to find the car. Just glad I scheduled the evening off of work? Because no one contacted until about an hour ago. And I think that was another automated email.

A bunch of afternoon deliveries were rescheduled for other days.
Most likely the reason they pushed you up earlier.

There have been some issues with Android phones. I have Pixel2 and it works fine. There is probably some info on the forums.

Thanks yea I found some stuff, but not the exact situation/error I'm having. Called Tesla they think it's a software problem with the low energy bluetooth module used for the keys, sending it off for further diagnosis. Hopefully it can be fixed remotely.

Car washes -- what are you all doing -- recommendation is to hand wash or at least avoid non "touchless" car washes.
Given our New England weather -- road salt -- and cold -- it's not going to be very practical to hand wash in the cold and to get rid of salt under the car. How are you folks cleaning your new cars? Found any good touch-less or hand-wash places in the greater Boston area -- and especially in the NW burbs (Acton, Concord, Westford, Littleton, Maynard...)?

Successful delivery yesterday! Arrived at dealership at ~2:20 for a 4PM time slot. They had me immediately remove any remaining personal items from my trade in. By the time I had finished that (no more than 10 minutes), someone came up to me and said they would walk me through the paperwork. They actually took me out to the car immediately to sign all the documents. Besides misplacement of my folder and set of keys, which only took a few minutes to locate, the whole thing was very streamlined. Could have been off the lot by 3:20 if I hadn't stuck around to ask a few questions.

Important details from my experience:
- I had zero time to inspect the car before signing my documents and accepting delivery. They said that they would honor a 3 day return window if anything was wrong, despite already having test driven (usually shortens to a 24 hour return window).
- Duel motor badge was on the car! They said that all duel motor M3s made in the last month have them now.
- EV plates on the car! They just got them back in stock on Monday (12/10/2018)
- They now have two local parking lots instead of having to store the cars down in RI
- Everyone there was in a great mood and very pleasant to deal with despite being crazy busy. Shout out to Arron!

If you guys see me at a local supercharger in a red, duel motor, aero wheel M3, please feel free to say hi! Good luck with the rest of the deliveries!

D9D6501D-62C2-4BC7-9452-201331805F5E.jpeg

Well....long day, but a successful one!

Paperwork went very quickly, but we had to go to lunch while they finished detailing and ended up getting a little lost in the afternoon shuffle. In the end though everyone in Dedham was really pleasant and helpful.

Reactions: intenost
View attachment 361056

Well....long day, but a successful one!

Paperwork went very quickly, but we had to go to lunch while they finished detailing and ended up getting a little lost in the afternoon shuffle. In the end though everyone in Dedham was really pleasant and helpful.

Congrats digitaldch! I was there this evening and it was packed. Although I wasn't there for very long. Waited only 10-15 minutes for paperwork, and then another maybe 15 for the registration and got my walk through, which lasted all of 5 minutes. There wasn't an open parking spot in the lot.

Picked up my LEMR yesterday @ 3. The place was crazy busy. Every seat was full and there were lots of people standing in the waiting area.
Overall the experience was fine, not great.

I had wanted to pay for the car after I saw it, but based on my DA taking forever getting paperwork / losing my paperwork, I just did an ACH to move things along. Turns out this caused the transaction to take longer. While the Tesla website said I was good to go, Dedham had to wait for their system to update. This took about 20 minutes. At that time Susanne, my DA, said we would go do the walk through while they verified all the paperwork. Then she disappeared.

Another DA then checked to see what was going on after she saw me standing at the counter waiting patiently. I’m pretty sure she moved things along for me and found my DA.

After another 20 minutes I got to see the car. Everything looked great. No fit or finish issues. Only issue is that detailing completely forgot to clean the inside of the car. Bits of fuzz, lint, plastic, and who knows what was all over the dash.

Detailing scrambled to clean things while they put on the plates.

Once the plates were on I had to find my DA to tell her that the plates were on and ask if there was anything else they needed. She said I was good to go. Wish she would have been proactive and let me know vs the other way around.

The car is great, but Tesla seriously needs to work on the delivery. The windshield was still dirty on the inside with a square mark in my line of sight as I went to leave. I figured I’d clean it when I got home. I needed to leave to get back to my family.

Tesla needs more delivery centers in Massachusetts. Dedham is a hike for most of us and the lot is tiny for what they are trying to do.