Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Default map setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I prefer to use the map in my Model 3 with the "heading up" setting. I can't seem to find any way to have my map setting to always default to that. Mostly, it seems to want to start with the "route overview" view and I have to click through that to "north up" to end up at my desired "heading up" setting. You can imagine the pain this inconvenience causes me (note: irony). Is there any way to avoid this? Thanks!

Does the map switch from overview to route view after a period of time like mine does?

Are the route details still displayed to the left? If so, swipe up from the bottom to minimize and the map should switch to route view.

Also, select on the Compass Rose to switch from Map North to Car North.

Reactions: RTPEV
Have the same issue where I prefer heading up. The setting stays until I navigate then always switches to North after the preview. I have to manually switch it each time when I nav. If I don't use nav it keeps the heading up setting.

The problem is made worse that once a destination is set the route overview which is on the right of the map hides the compass rose so it's not possible to change to heading-up. It used to be OK when the rose was on the far left. Possible this is only an issue in right-hand drive countries. I agree it should be an easy software fix.

The problem is made worse that once a destination is set the route overview which is on the right of the map hides the compass rose so it's not possible to change to heading-up. It used to be OK when the rose was on the far left. Possible this is only an issue in right-hand drive countries. I agree it should be an easy software fix.
Tap the map anywhere and the compass rose and + and - pop back up.