Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery 300 miles away - what happens if there are paint issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've obviously read about the QC issues Tesla has, but I'm mostly concerned with what Tesla will do if I find any defects when I pick it up since it's 300+ miles from home (OKC vs KC). I'm planning on taking a one-way flight to pick up my Model 3, but if their solution as I've read from others might be to either take it or leave it...it puts me in a really bad spot. If I can drive it home and have the local Tesla SC fix it then I'd be fine, so I guess that's my question. Is that a normal option they give you if there are problems?

If you identify stuff that needs to be fixed, make sure its noted before you drive off with the vehicle. They generally are not going to swap you to a different vehicle on the spot.

You should be able to have the local SC fix any delivery issues, as long as (BIIIG AS LONG AS) if its stuff that "could happen on the drive" that you notice on pickup, it needs to be noted before you leave.

Like, nicks, etc, things that could have happened during your drive home.

Stuff that couldnt have happened on the drive home you should be ok to report when you get home, BUT its always better to report stuff like that on pickup so its noted by someone that it was there when you got the vehicle, instead of "later".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you're really concerned about this... you can always get an enclosed car carrier... I think a trip up I35 should cost you about $600. If you were already going to drop a few grand on PPF when you get the car home, you could just bake this into the costs to keep your new ride pristine.

Or if the car's paint is ok from when you pick it up... maybe you find a local PPF shop in OKC and get some protection before your car is splattered with bugs on the drive North?

Upvote 0