Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Day, Finally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carbonmedic

MYLR, Blue, 19”, black interior, 5 seats, OD 5/26
Aug 9, 2021
El Cajon, CA
I ordered my MY on 5/26/21 and after numerous changes in delaying or pushing back the delivery date and VIN, it all happened very quickly yesterday.

I received a text message from Tesla Service Center in Carlsbad, CA congratulating me that they have matched me to a new 2021 MY. Yay! I was instructed to go to my account to verify the delivery day. No worries, everything went smooth, my VIN was there. Today, however, I received another text asking me to go to my account to verify my bank account and make the down payment, as I'm financing through Wells Fargo Bank. I ran into some issues with their "Plaid" re-direct for matching my bank account to Tesla. After getting the same error code stating that my payment process had failed, I called the Service Center direct. They have the nicest people working at Tesla for sure. I spoke with Kiera and she was the best! She simply said that I can make my down payment with a personal check and she'll get my agreement straightened out and aligned with my bank on delivery day, 9/2/21. Wow! Now I'm getting really excited. She said that I'm all set and they'll looking forward to seeing me on the 2nd.

It has been somewhat frustrating with the long wait but it seems that once I got a for sure delivery date and assurances from Tesla, I'm good to go!

Hope this info helps you all.

Take care.

Rick

The docs are for your review. You'll sign some DMV docs upon delivery at the Tesla Service Center and they'll answer all of your questions then. I took a check for the down payment and other than that, it went very smoothly.

The docs are for your review. You'll sign some DMV docs upon delivery at the Tesla Service Center and they'll answer all of your questions then. I took a check for the down payment and other than that, it went very smoothly.
Did yours come with the front mud flaps and rear side paint protection film? Seeing some reports on reddit about cars coming that way

Did yours come with the front mud flaps and rear side paint protection film? Seeing some reports on reddit about cars coming that way
No. I bought mud flaps for the front and rear, easy install. There is paint protection on the rear side, it's nearly invisible but just knowing it's there is a benefit. I plan on getting the car waxed in November, 2 months after delivery, as the paint should be cured by then. My detailer will apply a sealer over the wax. This is similar to ceramic but much cheaper. But it has to be re-applied once a year -- only drawback.