Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery driver backed in to my M3 

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Tesla Insurance. Looking to hear from people with similar amount of damage:
- How much would this cost?
- How long do repairs take (Dallas, TX)
- How much would my premium go up because of this accident. (I have a safety score of 100)

1655069989181.png

I can't speak to the cost of the repairs, but I had more extensive damage done to the front of my M3 last year and it took about 6 weeks to get it repaired. Your damage looks to be less, so hopefully it will take less time. I don't have Tesla insurance, but if your car was stationary and legally parked then the delivery driver's insurance should take care of everything and your premium shouldn't go up at all.

I can't speak to the cost of the repairs, but I had more extensive damage done to the front of my M3 last year and it took about 6 weeks to get it repaired. Your damage looks to be less, so hopefully it will take less time. I don't have Tesla insurance, but if your car was stationary and legally parked then the delivery driver's insurance should take care of everything and your premium shouldn't go up at all.
6 weeks sounds good. I had heard of some long wait times at tesla body shops.
It happened in apartment parking. I was driving past him and he was backing out of a parking spot. It happened too fast, I didn't even have time to hit the horn.

I had similar damage when someone backed into my 2018 M3 after it was only around 4 months old. Back then it took months to repair due to the parts shortages and I had to drive two hours to the nearest Tesla certified body shop, and ultimately they did a crappy job, forgot to plug in the FM radio wire, finger prints all over my headliner, the paint has lots of imperfections, body shop dust is inside the 3rd tail light area, one of the bumper sensors was pushed in and the black plastic under trim on the sides was hanging down. This shop got a lot of good reviews online so I was really shocked and how careless they were and didn't see all these issues before having me pick the car up. So yeah, my car was never the same. The accident wasn't my fault and the repair issues weren't my fault but now my car has an accident title which lowers it's resale value.

The cost was a bit over $15,000. Mine had most of the damage to the drivers rear quarter panel and slight damage to the rear door. The shop ended up breaking the rear glass, apparently that is common because of how they are attached it's difficult to remove without breaking. Oh and I also had to pay for a rental car and the gas for it, which wasn't covered after 30 days. Not to mention that I had a high deductible.

The good news is that my car came with the red UV on the center top glass and not the rear, the body shop installed rear glass that has the red UV. Maybe they had old stock because Tesla stopped using it but I do like that better.

I get really nervous now driving my Model 3 and extremely nervous leaving it parked someplace. But Tesla insurance finally had a lower price than my previous auto insurance, so I was able to lower my deductible and it still have a lower premium. And hopefully if I ever have another accident dealing with Tesla insurance will be much smoother. I hope your experience is better than mine was.

I had similar damage when someone backed into my 2018 M3 after it was only around 4 months old. Back then it took months to repair due to the parts shortages and I had to drive two hours to the nearest Tesla certified body shop, and ultimately they did a crappy job, forgot to plug in the FM radio wire, finger prints all over my headliner, the paint has lots of imperfections, body shop dust is inside the 3rd tail light area, one of the bumper sensors was pushed in and the black plastic under trim on the sides was hanging down. This shop got a lot of good reviews online so I was really shocked and how careless they were and didn't see all these issues before having me pick the car up. So yeah, my car was never the same. The accident wasn't my fault and the repair issues weren't my fault but now my car has an accident title which lowers it's resale value.

The cost was a bit over $15,000. Mine had most of the damage to the drivers rear quarter panel and slight damage to the rear door. The shop ended up breaking the rear glass, apparently that is common because of how they are attached it's difficult to remove without breaking. Oh and I also had to pay for a rental car and the gas for it, which wasn't covered after 30 days. Not to mention that I had a high deductible.

The good news is that my car came with the red UV on the center top glass and not the rear, the body shop installed rear glass that has the red UV. Maybe they had old stock because Tesla stopped using it but I do like that better.

I get really nervous now driving my Model 3 and extremely nervous leaving it parked someplace. But Tesla insurance finally had a lower price than my previous auto insurance, so I was able to lower my deductible and it still have a lower premium. And hopefully if I ever have another accident dealing with Tesla insurance will be much smoother. I hope your experience is better than mine was.
Wow .. that was quite an ordeal! Hope Tesla Insurance experience will be better.