Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Rebuilt Title

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I have an opportunity to buy a used 2022 M3 Long Range with a rebuilt title. The seller description is below. This will be my first Tesla and am looking for some guidance on buying a rebuilt title. Looks as if the sellers took all the necessary precautions and safety inspections. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Description:

"We bought this vehicle from an insurance company and it was damaged on the FrontEnd. We replaced: Front Bumper, Hood, Both Fenders, Headlights and Radiator support.Only NEW Original parts from Tesla were used. It was not any structural damage.All replaced body parts were painted with “BASF” paint to achieve a perfect color match.After all the repairs were done vehicle passed several safety inspections.First one was a State inspection to get a Florida Rebuilt title.And a second inspection was a High voltage and HV Battery inspection at TeslaDealership, where they removed a HV battery and inspected all the components.After this inspection a Supercharging system was Enabled on this car.This vehicle runs great, with no unusual squeaks or rattles.Also this vehicle drives straight without pulling right or left. The vehicle brakes straightwith no pulsation or pulling. The air conditioning is cold. It Passed 4-wheel alignment."

search the vin n u'll find accident pics just to verify n see if ok with how it was damaged
i respect seller for doing HV ispection, thats a plus
compare how many miles been driven since auction pics
if car was driven for a while then most likely no hidden damages, if barely driven then might be trying to hide something
salvage title usually decreases price by 10-30% depending on demand...

My main thought is if you have to ask here, you are may not be the right person to own a salvaged title car. You have to be ready to deal with some "stuff". You are putting a lot of trust in the seller that the repairs are done right and are complete. If it turns out not to be so, it's going to be all on you.