Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a P3D White/White on 8/13. The car will come when it comes, I’m in no real rush, luckily it will be our third car. This isn’t a complaint about the time it takes to deliver as much as an observation about delivery times. I’m curious why they even bother with the 2-3 week estimate? Do you think it’s a genuine estimate or are they shortening it on purpose?

I was this close to ordering an M340i but once I tested the P3D, I needed it. At least BMW was extremely open about it taking at least 3-4 months to deliver a custom-built model. I feel like it would be better business practice for Tesla to quote it at a month and deliver early as opposed to estimating 2-3 weeks and nearly doubling that?

It really depends on your timing. I had s buddy order one and it came in about 9 days. Others on here have waited a month or more. I think the 2-3 weeks is just an average.

My BMW took almost 4 months to get built and shipped from South Africa, so a few weeks is nothing.

Reactions: sahs12
They are manufactured in batches. When your batch is built, yours will soon appear. If there are any left over from the last batch, then you will get the inventory car. My general answer for wait 2 days to 2 months.

I'm not asking when I'll receive mine, like I said, it's a supplement to my wife and I's two cars we already own. Mostly a curiosity as to where the disparity in estimate and delivery comes from.