Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Experience for Maui?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha,

I ordered a Model 3 in October and am anxiously waiting for an update on delivery.

I’ve contacted Tesla on Oahu and was told they would be able to ship it over to Maui but they have yet to provide me a quote or details on the delivery process. It has been a struggle to get a response from them.

Can anyone on Maui share their recent delivery experience? Does a Tesla rep deliver to your house, a specific location, or do you need to pickup from the dock?

What does Tesla charge for shipping it to Maui?

And are you able to inspect it upon delivery and prior to signing any documents?

Thank you!

I live on Oahu but have been told this is the process for neighbor island deliveries. You have two options:

1) Pick up the car on Oahu and ship it yourself
2) Use Tesla's 3rd party concierge service who will pick up your car, bring it to port, ship it off, and you pick up at the port in Kahului.

Either option you have to pay for the shipping which is dependent on Young Bros prices. Last I heard it was around $900 for a Model 3.

If you choose option 2, Tesla does an extra inspection in addition to the normal inspections of the car since you're not able to inspect in person.

I live on Oahu but have been told this is the process for neighbor island deliveries. You have two options:

1) Pick up the car on Oahu and ship it yourself
2) Use Tesla's 3rd party concierge service who will pick up your car, bring it to port, ship it off, and you pick up at the port in Kahului.

Either option you have to pay for the shipping which is dependent on Young Bros prices. Last I heard it was around $900 for a Model 3.

If you choose option 2, Tesla does an extra inspection in addition to the normal inspections of the car since you're not able to inspect in person.

thank you for the info. The cost doesn’t worry me, I’m more concerned about having to sign and pay for everything prior to even seeing the car. COVID is making it difficult to travel to Oahu and back. I’d prefer to have Tesla do it and pick I can up at the doc.

what are the chances something is wrong with the vehicle at delivery? Their 7 day return policy is gone so that makes things a little more worrisome too.