Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery fee fair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Would appreciate your advice…

I’ve order a ‘demo vehicle’ online from Tesla and selected for it to be delivered to my nearest Tesla garage (as home delivery was not available). I’ve since had a text asking me to pick it up from its current garage (100 miles further).

Is it fair to expect the delivery fee to be refunded as the car isn’t being delivered anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Depends on what you mean. In the US, The Destination fee (which most people tend to think of as a delivery fee) is charged to everyone who buys a New car, regardless of where you pick the car up. "Demo" is not a regulated term, and whether a car is NEW or USED has to do with whether it has been titled to someone before or not, not how many miles are on it.

If your "DEMO" car is being sold as a "New car with miles" and titled as NEW, then destination charge would apply.

If you are being charged, in ADDITION to a destination charge, a SEPARATE, INVOICED "Delivery fee", then that would be something I would investigate to be removed.

Also, you posted this in the vehicle subforum, but this is mostly US based discussion and everything I just said above is United States based, and you have your location as "Wales" which is obviously outside the US. You might want to ask specific questions for your area in the UK and Ireland based subforum.

Anyone giving an opinion on whether the fee you are asking about should or should not be removed, will need to know whether you are talking about vehicle destination fee or something else, and whether the car is being titled as new or titled as used ("Demo" doesnt tell anyone this).

Reactions: edigest