Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla used inventory, ETA change much?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had gotten my ETA text for delivery to the pickup location last week, which is, tomorrow, 8.31.23.

I'm itching for this used Model 3LR and it works perfectly for me to go to TN to pick it up on Saturday.

Does that initial ETA change much? If so, what is a usual delay? I've gotten no response from Tesla, though it says they will inform me once its en route. So, since it has apparently not gone anywhere yet, that date doesn't seem like it's still good.

Probably unanswerable questions.. but it's good for my brain to just ask.

So, I texted back to them 3x and was finally told eta changed by a day, which was today. No word..texted..told 9 hrs later that , "maybe next week".

I'm in logistics...I know it's not that difficult to get a solid date.

Not impressed with the process so far.

Got my appointment.. or MANDATE. Didn't get a choice to pick any date (did get to choose a time) than what Tesla gave me. So much for having 3 days to pick it up. I'll be going tomorrow for pick up.

I know the wait will be worth it, but if TESLA service is like this for other things, that doesn't make for a good, confidence inspiring, experience. I hope the delivery is a breeze.

Just putting this out there for anyone wondering how it works.

Picked this up yesterday. What a car! Anyway, as far as buying a used tesla from tesla online.... be prepared to have zero customer service from ordering to picking up and driving off the lot. The whole buying experience is basically self serve. Knowing it now and what to expect, I can live with it. But damn.. for new owners, you would figure there would be some level of customer service besides, give us the check so you can take your car attitude.

Thats it for my experience.

Picked this up yesterday. What a car! Anyway, as far as buying a used tesla from tesla online.... be prepared to have zero customer service from ordering to picking up and driving off the lot. The whole buying experience is basically self serve. Knowing it now and what to expect, I can live with it. But damn.. for new owners, you would figure there would be some level of customer service besides, give us the check so you can take your car attitude.

Thats it for my experience.
But the car is worth the purchase experience, right?

How was the condition of the vehicle’s surfaces, inside and out?

But the car is worth the purchase experience, right?

How was the condition of the vehicle’s surfaces, inside and out?
Yes.. car is great! I didn't even realize how fast it was. The condition was like new. This was a lease vehicle prior. The buying experience wasn't. Though, if I had found this forum before buying, I would have known what to expect.

I'll be singing the praises of the car, for sure!

Reactions: Mayer
Great to
Yes.. car is great! I didn't even realize how fast it was. The condition was like new. This was a lease vehicle prior. The buying experience wasn't. Though, if I had found this forum before buying, I would have known what to expect.

I'll be singing the praises of the car, for sure!
great to know your car is clean and in like new condition. I’ve been watching the inventory of both new and pre-owned and not being able to see the car prior to purchase is tough with a new car, and almost stupid with a pre-owned car.
Trust in Tesla?

Great to

great to know your car is clean and in like new condition. I’ve been watching the inventory of both new and pre-owned and not being able to see the car prior to purchase is tough with a new car, and almost stupid with a pre-owned car.
Trust in Tesla?
It is very odd. But with all the add on fees from local and out of state dealers, plus being able to see it was lease, I took the chance. Teslas condition minimums aren't too encouraging either.

Im guessing that they sell fast and don't have that need to show prospective buyers.

How are you able to determine the car was a lease?
Autocheck history that they provide when looking at the specific car in the used car inventory. Just click on view details of car, then the autochek.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230910_171306_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230910_171306_Chrome.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 79
Isn’t a leased vehicle just as likely to have been abused as one “owned,” if not more so since its “just a lease”
Not in my opinion. I would think that "most" people that are leasing are trying to avoid turning in an abused vehicle as excessive wear and tear fees aren't cheap. Just throwing $ away at something they don't own and won't get back.

I know a lot of people who lease non-Tesla vehicles, and they take exceptional care of them. On the flip side, I know people who own their cars and could give a rats ass about how they take care of them and of course, some who are anal as can be.

I suppose in the end, it's all a crap shoot. Thankfully, the one I have gotten is in like new condition.