Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery hiccups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my new Model 3 Performance about an hour ago, and though I'm super stoked that it's here, it wasn't flawless. The biggest thing is that the GPS location still shows the car at the dealership it was delivered from, and will not update. My delivery guy claimed that it needed a software update and that would "fix it right up". The car is currently on 12.1.2, and honestly I'm not sure if that's the latest or not. I read a few things online that indicated service needed to do a GPS reboot or something remotely, but when I called service they were closed (I called the number at the bottom of the car info window).

Secondary to that (and possibly related?) Is the fact that the car now has 96 miles on it (about 35 from the dealership to my home) and still hasn't calibrated for autopilot. I'm pretty bummed about this because I have a big drive coming up Monday I really wanted to use it for.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

From your phone Tesla app, go into Schedule Service -> Software update.

16.1 is the latest.

AP will calibrate in time. IIRC, mine came up after 2 days.. no more than 250 miles.

I don't see that in the app. Maybe I'm missing it?

Good to know it's not unusual to go that long without calibration. For some reason I thought I had read it was usually much quicker.

I don't see that in the app. Maybe I'm missing it?

Good to know it's not unusual to go that long without calibration. For some reason I thought I had read it was usually much quicker.

8C60FA94-8C0A-4567-B597-A28D49B69FDA.jpeg 027150FE-8C72-4885-AEF2-9AA42A60DE2E.jpeg

You don’t have the above in your phone app?

• Helpful
Reactions: Neon001
Have you tried restarting it? Hold down both steering wheel buttons.

This was my first move. Unfortunately it didn't help.

Although last night when I pulled into the garage and got out, I checked my phone app and noticed that it was showing the correct address. Hopefully this means all is well now.

Thanks to all for the help. I think I sold two more couples on getting a Tesla at a party my wife and I went to. Giving rides in this thing seems to have that effect. :D

Reactions: Leafdriver333