Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery issue - need advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Longtime lurker, first-time poster, was supposed to take MYLR blue/white delivery today but ran into an issue and need some advice.

Arrived on-time to delivery appointment, car wasn't there. Delivery employee said car was in overflow lot and would be there within the hour. Then came back and said car had paint bubbles and would need to go to the body shop to be fixed, and it may be another week or two before it is ready.

Frustrated in general, but really annoyed that this wasn't discovered and I wasn't made aware before arriving at the appointed time. Both management in-person at the dealership and over the phone have not been able to give me any answers yet, either to the why this happened or when it'll be fixed. They'll fix it, of course, but there's been no effort so far to rectify the inconvenience and lost confidence.

Don't feel great about taking a car that's already been in the body shop before I've gotten it, but also don't want to release this one and go back into the queue and have to wait another 5+ months. Meanwhile I'm now insuring a car I don't have, I'm selling a car that I now need, and a 3 month wait has become that much longer.

Anyone been in a similar situation? Any advice on how to proceed, what to ask for, etc.?

I had a bad experience with delivery as well.

I’m on a long vacation which is 4 hours drive away from home. The car is ready a week ahead of my vacation. I asked SC if I can pick it up a week later and got a big no. So I have to drove overnight to pickup the car. Right before I leave I called them to confirm the car is ready for pickup.

Next morning an hour before my appointment, they called me and told me there is small damage on passenger window so I can’t pick it up today and there is no ETA on when it can be fixed. I’m so frustrated that I drove 8 hours for nothing.

Two days later they called me and asking why am I not picking up my car. I’m like wtf, then another person called me said i should pick it up now because it will take too long for the parts to arrive so I should handle it later in service center.

Im driving back home tomorrow to pickup my car. Finger crossed that’s the only issue with this car. I’m very frustrated by how disorganized they are and the poor quality control