Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Nightmare! How to complain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my MYLR on May 17th. I found an indentation on the passenger side door right above the door handle after I brought the car home. The indentation was about 4" long and 1/4" to 1/2" deep. It wasn't hit by another car as I had not taken the car anywhere at that point. The paint on the indentation was so perfect I believe the door panel was hit before it was painted. I scheduled an appointment with Tesla service center to get this fixed and took the car there on June 2nd. They tried to use a paintless dent buster to fix it but it didn't work. My car was eventually sent to a body shop. When I picked up the car on June 28th, there was a SRS warning due to a seat sensor malfunction. So, I left the car there. They had to order a new passenger side seat to fix the sensor which took another month. I went there to pick up the car again today after two months. I realized that the indentation wasn't really fixed. It got a little better but it's totally visible if you are standing from behind. The guy there says they might not work on it anymore as it wasn't too visible. I left the car there and I was told someone will contact me tomorrow to discuss. I have been very patient but it really pissed me off today. This is supposed to be a brand new car and I have been in possession of it for 2 weeks over the last 2.5 months. Does anyone know where and how I can write to Tesla to complain? Here is a picture I took today...

1690848362824.png

You're not concerned with the poor fitment of the camera module? What about the other two spots in the door panel I've highlighted?
Thanks for pointing out the camera. I missed that. The whole section above the handle was not smooth. I think the body shop attempted to just hammer it out and cause the wave. The while color and reflective clear coat makes it hard to see.

My experience with Tesla does not bode well for you. Seriously doubt anyone will call you. At some point, they can/will say that you took delivery of the vehicle and as such...

Fact is no one at Tesla will care, and frankly the only lever you had was not to take the car home. We are beyond that now so...

I know this sux!

beewang