Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Issues Ruining My Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say, I would've been fine waiting another month. I feel like a victim of the Wall Street thugs who are forcing Elon to put up crazy numbers, which resulted in the Tesla store trying to deliver 200 cars in one day, thereby cutting corners on my car.
Why would you blame Wall Street? Elon is the one who made production and profit goals. He did that because of their poor financial position. That's his fault, not Wall Street.

The crazy thing is that these are just the things you see. Doesn't it make you wonder what you cannot see.

Reactions: mattjs33
I have to say, I would've been fine waiting another month. I feel like a victim of the Wall Street thugs who are forcing Elon to put up crazy numbers, which resulted in the Tesla store trying to deliver 200 cars in one day, thereby cutting corners on my car.

Well, I’d say we’re not victims here, we’re the perpetrators. We accepted subpar cars (to put it mildly) rather than reject them and force Tesla to improve their game. I thought (and many of you probably did so too) that if we waited for the “perfect” Tesla, there would be no more Tesla. We gave them a chance. I hope they prove themselves worthy of this by improving and doing so fast.

Mercedes, Audi and Porsche will be here with competitors next year. Real competitors, real cars, the kind that are not put together by the Fremont JV squad. I drove an MX loaner for a few days and it’s impressive how capable it is in some ways and how laughable it is when it comes to all of the small details. It was a 75D, all in $100k. If nothing improves, Audi will mop the floor with Tesla when the eTron arrives. It’s priced substantially lower than the X and it’s a real car, not just an electric car.

We also hope that our issues can be taken care of by the service centers. After my first such service experience, I can say I strongly doubt that they can do anything to materially improve Manufacturing’s screw-ups. In my case, they effed around with my car, put a ton of miles on it, and resolved few of my reported issued. I got the same *sugar* attitude as with the worst Audi dealership I ever encountered (i.e. “ wait, you really expect us to fix these unpainted spots and not have bits fall out?”).

It’s not them, it’s us. If we give them some tough love now, maybe they’ll still be around in a few years. If we don’t and they keep on slacking, I bet the next recession will wipe them out.

Here we go again.

Over half a dozen current and former Tesla employees claim that aggressive production goals have forced workers to take shortcuts when manufacturing its cars in a new report from CNBC.

Tesla’s relatively new CFO Zack Kirkhorn told investors on its first-quarter earnings call this year that “unwinding the wave” of uneven deliveries would be critical in helping Tesla achieve profitability later this year.

Same reasoning that says "sales people should not be paid commissions" leads to the conclusion that "production employees should not be paid bonuses". When will this maddness end?

It’s never a good idea to accept delivery on a car with this many issues, especially if they are going to really bother you. Waiting another couple of weeks for a car in better condition is much less aggravating than what you are contemplating now. I realize it’s too late so my advice is after the fact.

But we get these posts all the time in this forum and it always leaves me wondering why people don’t take more time to thoroughly inspect the car before signing any paperwork. Nobody at Tesla can rush you unless you allow them to. When they tried to get me to sign paperwork before inspecting our last car I invited them to go find something else to do and come back and check in with me in about an hour. Nobody questioned me.