Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery... No word from SA or updated documents in account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a delivery appointment for noon on Monday. No word from SA or updated documents in account Saturday. Strange way to run a business.

The delivery process can be frustrating.
It can also be great.
End of quarter deliveries are usually pretty chaotic, and definitely different/strange from the norm.

One consensus from most though; you forget all about the wait time and strange delivery process, once you sit down in your new car. :)

Congrats on the purchase. Had mine for over a year now, and it’s the best thing I’ve ever owned.
I’ve never owned anything that I still thoroughly enjoy every single time I use it, even over a year later as this car.

Loved my BMW, Jeep, Navigator, but after a few months, they were still good, but no where near to the Model 3 still after over a year.

Enjoy !
Great Christmas present. :)

• Disagree
Reactions: c77m and GreenT
Have a delivery appointment for noon on Monday. No word from SA or updated documents in account Saturday. Strange way to run a business.

I took delivery on Thursday - the process had definitely declined since 2016 when I picked up my model S. My delivery person made me wait 40 minutes to hand over a check, put on my plates from my trade, and left. I felt like she was doing me a favor by selling me a car.

That said - it's worth it. Love my cars and wouldn't drive anything else. Tesla's customer service is barely functioning, but their engineering and EV prowess makes up for it. I hope they fix the customer experience - I know they can - they have the right idea with fixed pricing, studios in convenient locations, etc. Prior to the model 3 things were substantially better. I hope they can get back to that level. As a Porsche owner, I can say they need to emulate their delivery experience - the taycan isn't a threat on the spec sheet, but their dealer experience is excellent.

Anyway - I empathize with your concerns, just know you will be happy driving home! Good luck at delivery. The car will be awesome!

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT and msm859
The delivery process can be frustrating.
It can also be great.
End of quarter deliveries are usually pretty chaotic, and definitely different/strange from the norm.

One consensus from most though; you forget all about the wait time and strange delivery process, once you sit down in your new car. :)

Congrats on the purchase. Had mine for over a year now, and it’s the best thing I’ve ever owned.
I’ve never owned anything that I still thoroughly enjoy every single time I use it, even over a year later as this car.

Loved my BMW, Jeep, Navigator, but after a few months, they were still good, but no where near to the Model 3 still after over a year.

Enjoy !
Great Christmas present. :)
Thanks. Appreciate the positive thoughts and wishes.

I took delivery on Thursday - the process had definitely declined since 2016 when I picked up my model S. My delivery person made me wait 40 minutes to hand over a check, put on my plates from my trade, and left. I felt like she was doing me a favor by selling me a car.

That said - it's worth it. Love my cars and wouldn't drive anything else. Tesla's customer service is barely functioning, but their engineering and EV prowess makes up for it. I hope they fix the customer experience - I know they can - they have the right idea with fixed pricing, studios in convenient locations, etc. Prior to the model 3 things were substantially better. I hope they can get back to that level. As a Porsche owner, I can say they need to emulate their delivery experience - the taycan isn't a threat on the spec sheet, but their dealer experience is excellent.

Anyway - I empathize with your concerns, just know you will be happy driving home! Good luck at delivery. The car will be awesome!
Thanks.

Thanks. Appreciate the positive thoughts and wishes.
We took delivery in Las Vegas on December 6th and have yet to see the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin which we need to register the care and our lender needs to get the title.

Not one person at the delivery center including the manager has returned our multiple phone messages, texts, emails or tweets and our 15 day temporary tag expires in a week.

Any thoughts?

I saw an article recently about Tesla reorganizing sales and delivery again. Now the salesperson is going to be responsible for the delivery process. So I’m sure the delivery people are all wondering if they will have jobs. Motivation probably isn’t very high right now.

Reactions: GreenT
We took delivery in Las Vegas on December 6th and have yet to see the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin which we need to register the care and our lender needs to get the title.

Not one person at the delivery center including the manager has returned our multiple phone messages, texts, emails or tweets and our 15 day temporary tag expires in a week.

Any thoughts?
Note to Elon...

Any thoughts?
Wait until January :)

Just received a call from an SA who indicated she had a number of questions to finalize the delivery arrangements. Then her computer went down. A few mins later she asked whether we owned our home. Then the pitch started on solar. Later I asked what questions she had regarding the paperwork. Nothing else, all is order. I asked when would my payment documents appear in my account. Oh, maybe later today... Is the car in house. No, still on the way. See you Monday... Elon, get this fixed. Out of control IMHO.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT
Just received a call from an SA who indicated she had a number of questions to finalize the delivery arrangements. Then her computer went down. A few mins later she asked whether we owned our home. Then the pitch started on solar. Later I asked what questions she had regarding the paperwork. Nothing else, all is order. I asked when would my payment documents appear in my account. Oh, maybe later today... Is the car in house. No, still on the way. See you Monday... Elon, get this fixed. Out of control IMHO.

Yep - even dealing directly with a store manager is hit or miss on communications.

Same boat as you.... kinda

My pickup is tomorrow at 4pm

I got a text from someone yesterday saying someone would call me today for any last min questions I have before pickup.

I still don’t have the call ( few hours left in the day I guess) and still no final payment I can make

Just 2 hours to appointment and finally got a call. Trade in paperwork was lost and triggered a freeze on paperwork. Now all worked out and pick up at noon. Reserved 12/1, delivery (if all goes to plan) 12/16. Not too bad.

Just 2 hours to appointment and finally got a call. Trade in paperwork was lost and triggered a freeze on paperwork. Now all worked out and pick up at noon. Reserved 12/1, delivery (if all goes to plan) 12/16. Not too bad.

Just heard from someone. Apparently my trade paperwork is also messed up. Which is holding up the MVPA which is holding up them releasing the car to a third party delivery service.

Whitezag is home and in garage. DA went better than expected. No rush as paperwork was still in limbo. Plenty of time to inspect M3 and feel good about the condition. Mathew the DA gets top marks for his perseverance and patience. The agony and ecstasy of a Tesla order and delivery experience is complete. Thanks all.

Reactions: Filter